Silly Questions

Hi, am hoping i can get a little clarity on a few silly questions.
We have booked a Mega European (dep 14th Aug in Paris) but after our trip we still have 5 weeks in europe. We didnt want to take our laptop (extra weight ect ect) Does anyone have any advice on how i can store my photos without a laptop? What have past travelers done in this situation?
Also can anyone recomend the best (and cheapest) way to travel around Europe (as we will be wanting to go back to places we have seen on our trip, also further south of spain, Ibiza ect) Train, Flights, or bus?
Any info would be great
Thanks Kylie ;D

For backing up photos what about a portable card reader and an external hard drive??

You can get a multimedia storage and viewer system. Epson make an awesome one. Just plug the camera card in and it backs up all the pics :slight_smile:

You can get a multimedia storage and viewer system. Epson make an awesome one. Just plug the camera card in and it backs up all the pics :slight_smile:

I would suggest taking along a couple of USB flash drives (or one big one) and transferring the photos from your camera to them periodically when you stop somewhere with a computer (e.g. Internet cafe, some hotels/hostels).

SD cards are that cheap these days… buy a hand full of them (say 2gb ones) and then change them out on a regular basis… if your worried about loosing them you could always post them home via registered mail…

Other option is take them into a photo store and get them transferred to DVD… not sure what the cost is but worth looking into…

for the fortilla sailing to greece…does the yacht dock while we sleep? and where do we use the facilities im worried that ill need to wee or shit my pants or worse yet someone else would on the boat…would we have mainland access?

For photo storage I am getting a tablet. Light weight and not really bulky plus if you get one with wifi you can access the net for banking, email, facebook etc as most places offer free wifi, and you can buy an sd or usb adaptor which will enable you to download photos from camera to tablet. Down side is they are not cheap and a usb stick is smaller. But depending how many photo’s you are planning to take and the size of the photos a usb sick may or may not be appropiate.

As for travel around europe, there are pleantly of budjet airlines, traintravel is more expensive but more convient and bus is chearper again but less convient. Check out www.railtickets.com for the rail pass prices.

Nick