Shampoo, cream etc

Hi[br][br]Just wondering what people carry their toiletries in?? Have been told i need to take products in 100ml bottles through airport. If this is the case, is it easier to buy this stuff in London??[br][br]Cheers[br]Toni[br]European Odyssey 28th June

Definetly buy your toiletries in London, don’t take them all the way from Oz as they add quite a lot of weight and I think shower gel and stuff was cheaper in London than you can get it here…Boots is a great place to get all that sort of stuff and they are everywhere over there!

Yeah Boots is awesome plus the have fantastic lip balm in a typical Vaseline tin. I stocked up. [br][br]I took my own Shamp & Cond with me as I use proper Salon stuff so didn’t want to search around for the brand I use. I also took my own body wash lotion. I didn’t really take anything with me on the plane that was >100ml/bottle except some perfume, moisturiser (a bit bigger than “tester” size) and some fascial wash (also like a test tube).[br] [br]I packed my toiletries in a proper toiletries bag with various sections/compartments. [br]Hope that helps.

[quote]Originally posted by ice5[br]
Yeah Boots is awesome plus they have fantastic lip balm in a typical Vaseline tin. I stocked up. [br][br]I took my own Shamp & Cond with me as I use proper Salon stuff so didn’t want to search around for the brand I use. I also took my own body wash lotion. I didn’t really take anything with me on the plane that was >100ml/bottle except some perfume, moisturiser (a bit bigger than “tester” size) and some fascial wash (also like a test tube).[br] [br]I packed my toiletries in a proper toiletries bag with various sections/compartments. [br]Hope that helps.[br][/quote]

my toiltry bag comes with little bottles so that i can put my shamp and conditioner etc in it (i have chemically straightened hair - so i need the special stuff lol) and the bag hangs up in the shower which is cool :)[br][br]i havent thought about what im gonna take on board tho…[br][br]Leeana[br]Canberra, Australia[br]Spirit of Europe 16 Sept 08[br]+ London Stopover[br]+ Edinburgh Minibreak

ive started collecting the free samples the companies send out and put in magazines- you know the thin ones that you rip open?[br][br]i asked around and found that quite a few people i know had a few they didnt want and are now collecting them for me too. [br][br]Worth a try for all the other cheapscapes! [^]

If you’re looking for those little samples ask around at chemists. I worked in a chemist and we had cupboards full of samples that rep’s gave us. I’m not actually taking samples with me because I think that all the additional packaging is a waste, you’re better off taking little travel containers. Unless there is a reason you need to dispose as you go? [br][br]Hope that helps!!

LOL! That is such a good idea travel girl! I’ve actually been thinking about the best way to store my toiletries. I don’t want to take up heaps of space with them though. I’m travelling for a long time though so I can’t rely on little containers. But I think I may go into a chemist and ask for some samples so I can take them with me on the plane for emergencies…[br][br]Pharaoh’s Footsteps: Oct 18th, 2008.[br]Winter European Getaway: Nov 25th, 2008.

Take toothpaste and your toothbrush for the plane!

Hi everyone[br][br]Thanks for the info girls!! I think I might visit that Boots shop - sounds heaps easier than packing stuff. And thanks for the tip about toothpaste on the plane…I guess its a long haul!![br][br]Have a great trip![br][br]Toni

hahaha yeah i wouldn’t suggest taking a suitcase full :stuck_out_tongue: I’ll probably just take enough to get us through the first week or two, then buy some decent stuff there.[br][br]I just like it how they are flat and arn’t bulky to pack.

I wouldn’t worry about the toothpaste… depending on who you fly with you should get a little overnight pack. Both Qantas and emirates provide one which has a little toothbrush with toothpaste, a sleeping mask and some bed socks.[br]Mind you on my way over, I didn’t get one from emirates but got it on the way back.[br][br]To add to this: make sure u have things like conditioner,shampoo and anything liquid in an bag inside your other bag. I had the experience this time round with things that exploded (well tubes split etc) and had it of been in my main bag could’ve proved to be more messy. :frowning:

I agree Boots is a great place to get things from.[br][br]Also with ur shampoo etc it has to be in a clear bag now so that customs can c whats in it without having to open in…[br][br]Also any medication has to be in its original packaging with your name / dr name etc on it.

Are you uninterested in wasting your time to search the whole internet suitable Iphone Iphone Jailbreak related things?[br][br]Now you no need to do such stuipd things, here at my blog we post articles daily for various unique, valuable, and newst related of Iphone Iphone Jailbreak tips for you.[br][br]http://www.3g-iphone.org/ - Just Click here to find out more related with Iphone, phone Jailbreak

on the topic of little sample style ones, tescos and asdas (big supermarkets that have taken over the country lol) have travel size bottles of loads of main brands, from hare gell to shampoo etc etc. always had handgel or wipes with me cos never mind the toilets but i always get in a total state eating snacks all day…[br][br]Rob