Security In Hostels

Just wondering, for those who have been already can you provide some feedback on this?[br][br]Are the rooms secure to leave belongings in?[br][br]Do they have a safe or somewhere to lock valuables or do we have to either carry them everywhere with you or just take the chance no one steals them from your room?[br][br]I’m talking things like passports, money etc but also sunglasses, jewellery etc[br][br]Thanks guys.[br][br]Grand European July 2009[br]+ Greek Islands Fun in the Sun

I’m curious to know this as well.[br][br]PS. Mike what is your tour date in July?[br][br]Nicole[br]Grand European 28th July 2009[br]+ Britain & Ireland 5th September 2009[br]+ Greek Islands

I leave July 14![br][br][quote]Originally posted by nicoletta0511[br]
I’m curious to know this as well.[br][br]PS. Mike what is your tour date in July?[br][br]Nicole[br]Grand European 28th July 2009[br]+ Britain & Ireland 5th September 2009[br]+ Greek Islands[br][/quote][br][br][br][br]Grand European July 2009[br]+ Greek Islands Fun in the Sun

Ah, 2 weeks before me- you’ll always be one step ahead lol ;)[br][br]Nicole[br]Grand European 28th July 2009[br]+ Britain & Ireland 5th September 2009[br]+ Greek Islands

Anyone got any feedback? Admin???[br][br]Grand European July 2009[br]+ Greek Islands Fun in the Sun

Anyone?[br][br]Grand European July 2009[br]+ Greek Islands Fun in the Sun

I can’t comment on security at Top Deck places but I can give you some info on security of hostels overall.[br][br]Generally most places that target backpackers will have lockers of some sort. I’ve only ever stayed at a few places without lockers. Some of these will be big enough to fit your pack in, some will only be suitable to fit valuables, or possibly a day pack in. Take your own padlock as some don’t supply locks. Hostels that don’t have lockers will usually keep your passport at reception if you ask them.[br][br]I’ve stayed at hostels a fair bit and never had anything stolen or felt unsafe - and I’m a female solo traveller (usually). I would probably suggest having a look on something like Hostel World to get a feel for whether the areas you are likely to be visiting have hostels with lockers if that is a concern! Hope that is helpful.[br][br]'Manda

Thankyou Mandaz. Some useful info. :)[br][br][quote]Originally posted by mandaz[br]
I can’t comment on security at Top Deck places but I can give you some info on security of hostels overall.[br][br]Generally most places that target backpackers will have lockers of some sort. I’ve only ever stayed at a few places without lockers. Some of these will be big enough to fit your pack in, some will only be suitable to fit valuables, or possibly a day pack in. Take your own padlock as some don’t supply locks. Hostels that don’t have lockers will usually keep your passport at reception if you ask them.[br][br]I’ve stayed at hostels a fair bit and never had anything stolen or felt unsafe - and I’m a female solo traveller (usually). I would probably suggest having a look on something like Hostel World to get a feel for whether the areas you are likely to be visiting have hostels with lockers if that is a concern! Hope that is helpful.[br][br]'Manda[br][/quote][br][br]Grand European July 2009[br]+ Greek Islands Fun in the Sun

Thanks Mandaz ;D[br][br]Nicole[br]Grand European 28th July 2009[br]+ Britain & Ireland 5th September 2009[br]+ Greek Islands