Security In Hostels On EuroClub Tours

Is anyone able to shed any light on the type of security used by the hostels? How safe is it to leave bags in the rooms (I’ll obviously take my passport everywhere I go) and how are rooms secured? Are there swipe cards, plain old keys etc?

When you went out for the night did you make sure to take everything valuable with you. For example if you had a laptop would you be happy leaving it in the room at night when you went out?

Regards,

Scott

Very good question - I’m eager to hear this too…

Hi guys, the security in most places is an excellent standard. you will mainly have normal keys to the rooms. Just make sure you put anything valuable in your suitcase and lock your suitcase when you leave it in the rooms. DONT leave things lying around on the bed or tables. Ive done 3 tours now and not once did anyone have anything stolen from their rooms. A lot of people had laptops and they locked them in their suitcases and had no problems.

Here is what i had when i was there last year.

Paris was a code that you had to type into the door lock to open it
Switzerland there ar no locks on the doors, but it is THE safest place, the shops dont even lock their doors or bring their tables of stuff inside at night. and it will only be Topdeck at the site anyway
Florence you will have a normal key - all the topdeck rooms are next to each other
Rome you will have a normal key - all the topdeck rooms are next to each other
Athens is a swipe card (on the ferry or at the hotel)
Sailing - you leave your suitcase on the bus, so take anything valuable with you on the boats
dubrovnik - a normal key
zadar - a normal key
Venice - a normal key - all the topdeck rooms are next to each other
Munich - swipe card
Tyrol - a normal key - topdeck are the only people in the house
Prague - swipe key
Rhine valley - normal key
Amsterdam - normal key

Thank thats about it!!

Nic :slight_smile:

Thats fantastic info Nic…thank you!

Thanks again Nic! :slight_smile:

Thankyou so much, was wondering about this.

Thanks !!! Very good Info ;D

Nic you rock! Thanks for your info! This forum and the people on it kick arse!!

They do hey Scott! Always someone to answer a question and always so helpful! I think its a great indication of the type of people who go on topdeck tours. So glad I picked it over ‘other’ tour companies!!!

Hey guys,

Sorry to butt in…it’s just great to see the fantastic spirit of our passengers :slight_smile:

Enjoy your trips!!
Topdeck Team

[quote=24813]Hey guys,

Sorry to butt in…it’s just great to see the fantastic spirit of our passengers :slight_smile:

Enjoy your trips!!
Topdeck Team [/quote]

That’s not butting in!

Great info thanks Nic, do you think the secuirty would be similar in hostels outside of topdeck tours as well?

Hey Patrick

As long as you stay in reputabel Hostels then you should be fine!! the majority of hostels around Europe are of a better standard than the budget hotels!

the main difference is that Topdeck have private hostel rooms, so there are 4 of you to a room with a private bathroom - you know the people you are sharing with.

if youre styaing in a multi room with strangers then i would just be a bit extra cautious, make sure all your valuables are locked away, your suitcase is locked at all times and dont let people see where you keep/store anything valuable. a few people i knew took bike chain locks with them and they locked their suitcases to their beds (if there were no lockers) so no one could walk out with them.
you wont have to really worry about the staff, 99% of them are really professional (and not interested in your belongings)

Hope that helps a bit!

Nic

thanks heaps Nic!

Great info Nic! That’s a big help because I’m looking at taking my laptop with me so I’ll just make sure it’s locked in my suitcase when I go out :slight_smile:

Hi what did you do with money and cards etc. Are there safes or lockers or did you just carry money and passports with you.

Thanks

Great information, Thanks for your info!

Generally hostels are safe. That being said you always want to plan for the worst. Grab a locker or have a suitcase you can lock. I run a travel blog so I am always traveling with a lot of cameras, laptop, and drone. I have never had a problem but it just depends who you are sharing a room with.