Scared of flying

Hi my name is Abbey[br][br]I was just wondering if any one has tips on being calm when flying[br]love to hear from you[br][br]Thanks[br]Abbey

If you tend to feel sick in the stomach from getting nervous. I recommend Darrel Lea “Ginger chocolate bars” It helps me! And its yummy, i dont really like ginger but this is absolutely delish![br]Also - Bach rescue remedy - one drop under the tongue. That settles nerves really well. I used it years ago when i went for my P’s test! lol.[br][br]Hope that helps! :)[br][br]Sandy[br]-Essential Europe 29th Sept 2009

you can always as you doctor for something he could perscribe for you. Nothing worse than having a panic attack way up in the sky when you cant open a window![br]Jo

I had hypnotherapy which helped me a lot. I still get a little nervous but I’m so much better! I’m not as scared of a lot of other things too as a result. My mum was more scared than me and she had it too and she now flies without much trouble at all.[br][br]When I first started flying my doc prescribed sedatives and while they relaxed my body my mind was still scared.[br][br]I know it’s not the best advice, but a good helping of wine before and during the flight always helps me! Most people say you shouldn’t drink while flying but it did help me. The first time I tried it I was actually looking out the window watching the landing and giggling! No fear at all! Don’t need to do that now I’ve had the hypnotherapy though.[br][br]Where are you Abbey? I’m in Adelaide and I can recommend the hypnotherapist I used. He is also an aerobatic pilot so he had many extra hints and tips![br][br][br]Europe 10/08/2009 - 28/10/2009[br]European Emperor 20/08/2009[br]Bravo Italia 30/08/2009[br]

Thanks guys for the advice, it really helps me, it gives me a few ideas.[br]Hi kimmy[br]I’m from Newcastle, NSW, i will do a web search and see if they have one up here, i hope they do, I’m having panic attack every day just thinking about it.[br][br]abbey

Yeah, I used to be the same! I would get nervous and couldn’t sleep for weeks sometimes months (depending on where I was flying) before. Then on the day I would spend all morning in the toilet! yuck! My tummy is now fine and I sleep beautifully! Good luck - let us know how you go![br][br]Europe 10/08/2009 - 28/10/2009[br]European Emperor 20/08/2009[br]Bravo Italia 30/08/2009[br]

Hi Abbey,[br][br]For most people the fear of flying is simply not having any control when in the air.[br][br]I used to be a VERY nervous flyer when younger but after reading more about flying, now in my mid 20s I absolutely LOVE flying.[br][br]You have probably heard the stats before but flying is statiscally the safest form of transport. As amazing as it seems, as soon as the engines start to purr then that huge jet is simply made to be in the air.[br][br]When you feel turbalance, just picture pots holes in a road because that is all that it is, a bump. For every down bump you feel there is another bump that takes you up, it is just that we don’t feel the up bumps as much as the down bumps.[br][br]I know instances like the Air France one don’t help but imagine if you freaked out everytime you heard someone had died in a car accident…none of us would drive ever!![br][br]Not sure if this has helped at all, but you can do it!! Try to fly with a positive attiude, enjoy the movies and games and treat it like the beginning of your holiday!![br][br]Prague to Munich Explorer Sep 8-17[br]Oktoberfest camping Sep 17-21[br]Generator Hostel London Sep 6 and 7

hey sandy. what is Bach rescue remedy. havent heard of it.

[quote]Thanks guys for the advice, it really helps me, it gives me a few ideas.[br]Hi kimmy[br]I’m from Newcastle, NSW, i will do a web search and see if they have one up here, i hope they do, I’m having panic attack every day just thinking about it.[br][br]abbey[/quote][br][br]Hi Abbey,[br][br]I’m from Newcastle as well! What trip are you on?[br][br]Nicole[br]Grand European 28th July 2009[br]+ Britain & Ireland 5th September 2009[br]+ Greek Islands

Hello,[br]Its an alcohol-free natural stress relief spray or drop. Its got all sorts of natural ingredients that help symtoms such as panic, anxiety, depression and insomnia. [br]You can find it at any good pharmacies or a naturopath. [br][br]I really recommend it for nerves!

Hey guys[br]Thanks for the advice. Thanks matt for your comment, it does help me, i think it just worse because im really scared of heights, and to think that im up in the sky makes my tummy turn,[br]Hi Nicolette[br]Im on the bravo italia sept. 27[br][br]thanks again

[quote]Originally posted by Abbey88[br]
[br]Im on the bravo italia sept. 27[br][br]thanks again[br][/quote][br][br]We miss each other by 3 days! [br][br][br][br]Europe 10/08/2009 - 28/10/2009[br]European Emperor 20/08/2009[br]Bravo Italia 30/08/2009[br]

hey kimmy[br][br]Im also spending time in london before the trip starts at a hostel, near the london bridge

[quote]Hi Nicolette[br]Im on the bravo italia sept. 27[/quote][br][br]Nowhere near the same tour dates then :frowning: Oh well, i hope you have an awesome trip! [br][br]Good luck with the travel worries, i’m fretting too but i think it’s more excitment than anything else ;D[br][br]Nicole[br]Grand European 28th July 2009[br]+ Britain & Ireland 5th September 2009[br]+ Greek Islands