Road To Phnom Penh July 17 2016

Just booked Road To Phnom Penh. Can’t wait!!

Hello Ashlyn - I have booked for this trip (leaving 10 Dec). How was it? Any tips for a first time traveler?

Oh I am so excited for you!!

Road to Phnom Penn was my second Topdeck trip and I loved it! I’m actually planning my third for the summer! Topdeck is wonderful!

Don’t bring as many clothes as you think you need. It’s hot and you probably will wear many things multiple times. And clothes are insanely cheap and cool.

Take a lot of pictures.

Don’t be one of those people who wants to room by themselves (it’s wierd)

Do the extras. Yes they are more money but they are worth it. Especially the zip lining in Laos and kayaking in Loas. Don’t miss those. If they still have the tour in Phnom Penn of the killing fields, they are good but we felt we were overcharged. You could probably share a Tuk Tuk on your free day and do it for a bit cheaper.

Go to Happy Bar in Pak Beng, Utopia in Luang Prabang, and Sakura in Vang Vieng.

Wake up early in Luang Prabang to watch the monks do their morning walk. And definitely wake up early to see the sunrise at Angkor Wok. Only 4 of us went, we got a cab at 4 in the morning to see it then we met with the rest of the group later in the morning. It’s early but so worth it. It is probably the most beautiful thing you have seen in your life.

Go to the markets in Phnom Penn . They are really cool.

Road to Phnom Penn is the first half of Asian Fusion - which means that a bunch of people will continue to Vietnam. I didn’t go but was insanely envious and wish I had continued with them.

The trip will go by so fast but you will have the best time of your life. The people you meet you will be friends with for years, possibly lifetime. I even travelled to Australia to stay with people I met and some are coming to see me soon in Canada.

Have a great time. If you have any more questions about anything please ask. I loved my trip and love talking about it!
Enjoy