Restaurants

Are there any restaurants/cafe’s/pubs that anyone can recommend in Paris, Wengen, Nice, Florence or Rome?

Sorry I dont know any, as its been about 5 years since i was in paris last. [br][br]However the most memorable meal i had and probably the cheapest, was sitting on the site of the road eating a coisant from a local bakery. We were lost and hungry and relativly poor. Just sitting back and taking in the suroundings was breathtaking. Give it a go :stuck_out_tongue:

Sounds good. I did that in Indonesia and the food was awesome (and no it wasn’t a croissant)!! so good just to go the simple option every now and then- you never know what you’re missing out on if you don’t[br][br]Essential Europe Winter Tour- 23rd Dec

I did the Discover Europe trip and all the restaurants the tour leader recommended and had a brochure on was fabulous! The restaurants were typical cuisine for that country. In Slovenia I had the most amazing dessert. (Prekmurska Gibanica). It’s similar to an almond strudel with walnuts, cheese and pastry etc. Delicious. [br]The restaurant in Budapest was fabulous and the biggest meals I have ever seen in my life (and probably yours)! They were huge! Go for cafes/rest that aren’t on the main street or ones that look small and cute. Ones with lots of people is always a good sign.

Its not the cheapest, but in Florence theres a cafe on top of the main department store that has AMAZING views, probably some of the best pics I took on the whole trip. And if you go just for a coffee and a tiramisu or something (what I did) its not outrageous prices. One thing to avoid is eating along the main squares. For example in Venice we stoped for a drink and some people watching at St.Marks square. I just got a coke and it was 8 euros.