Questions about tour

I was thinking of doing the european getaway one a few yrs ago which never happened, are the trips still named the same? [br]am now looking at next year april/may but dnt think the brochure is out yet.[br]I want to do something before im 25 in June, so even though the weather may still be a little cool i was going to go in April or May.[br]If I were to be on the tour on my birthday do u rekon ne one would care ha! Have you guys been on one where a birthdays been celebrated?[br][br]How easy is it to make friends? I am quite introverted around new people, as much as i want to make friends and will make an effort im scared ill be lonely![br][br]Do most people just do the trip and go home, or work after? [br][br]Thought dump![br]

Hey Joanna,[br]If the European Getaway tour you were looking at was 20 days staying in hostels then yes they are still named the same.[br]I went on the European Getaway this year and loved every minute of it. I went in May, it was perfect-not too hot (well there was a heat wave in Italy) but apart from that it was excellent weather and not as crowded as the Summer months. We had the most wonderful group of people, a really good mix of nationalities and ages we were all good friends by about day 4. Two of the best nights I had on tour were helping celebrate peoples birthdays. It was fantastic, our Tour Leader and Driver decorated the bus and organised for us to go out for dinner and onto Karaoke. Everyone was glad to help celebrate.[br]You wont be lonely, I was travelling solo and was a bit nervous about making friends but the majority of the bus was solo passengers so it worked out well.[br]I can highly recommend this tour, you will love it. I am over here for the next 2 years and a couple of other people stayed on to work as well.[br]Hope this helps, if you have any more questions im happy to answer them.[br]Christine[br][br]European Getaway 16 May 2009[br]Oktoberfest 18 Sept 2009[br]Brugge Christmas Market Weekend 19-20 Dec 2009[br]Hogmany Edinbrugh 30 Dec 2009

31 , not the maddest of folk, used to be shy around new people tho not as bad now… Was amazing, while there were different groups and dynamics between them everyone still mingled and (mostly) all were chatty to each other. if your a little quite then more than likely you’ll have 5 people trying to prise info out of you and get you involved and chatty :slight_smile: Just got to smile and say hi :slight_smile: everyone’s there to have a trip of a lifetime.[br][br]Rob

Cool, feel better now![br][br]Also anothr thing i wanted to know was the rooming situation (Yes that trip is the one i was looking at 20 days, hostels etc) do the trip organisers assign you to a room for each stop - are you with different people every time or the samepeople, or do we get to choose as the tour progresses and we get to know each other.[br][br]I guess we wont be in there apart from sleeping but still just wonderin. and would be horrific to be stuck with a snorer for 19 nights (I am awful at getting to sleep!) ha.

The room situation is pretty cruisy. Just before we arrived at each stop our Tour Leader sent a room list out and you could choose who you shared with and just put your name down. By the end of the trip, as you get closer to some people you end up sharing all the time with them. For the first couple of nights I shared with people I had got talking too on the ferry and they turned out to be great roomies![br]From memory, Paris was 3 ppl to a room, Swizterland was 4, all the places in Italy where 2 ppl-the cabins in Florence and Rome are a tad small, Venice was huge but still only 2 ppl. Austria, Prague and Berlin were 4 ppl and Amsterdam was mixed- I was in a room of 6 but it was TINY![br]:)Christine[br][br]European Getaway 16 May 2009[br]Oktoberfest 18 Sept 2009[br]Brugge Christmas Market Weekend 19-20 Dec 2009[br]Hogmany Edinbrugh 30 Dec 2009

I also have a question regarding the accom for euroclub tours. It states same sex sharing… but what if i’m going with my hubby? Do we still get split up?

Hey Shezarina,[br]The room share issue can be tricky, and I can only comment from my tour but it really depends on your group and your tour leader. There are some Hostels that will not allow same-sex sharing (Prague, Berlin, Amsterdam from memory) but the rest of the places we stayed it really didnt matter. If you have an uneven number of guys/girls you may get split up, we had several couples on our tour that became good friends and arranged to share rooms for most of the trip. Everyone was happy with that. Our tour leader/tour group didn’t care who shared with who aslong as everyone was happy.[br]Hope this helps, happy travels[br]Christine[br][br]European Getaway 16 May 2009[br]Oktoberfest 18 Sept 2009[br]Brugge Christmas Market Weekend 19-20 Dec 2009[br]Hogmany Edinbrugh 30 Dec 2009

Super helpful~ Thanks!