Question about hans brinker budget hotel

just a question to people who have done a tour that stayed at the hans brinker budget hotel in Amsterdam.[br][br]ok so my friend and i have just been looking at all the hostels we will be staying at during our topdeck tour and all is going well til we get to the one for Amsterdam, with such quotes as “improve your immune system” and pictures resembling a run down insane asylum i got quite worried. [br]then it all got so much worse when i realised this is where we will be waking up on christmas morning!!![br][br]ok so my question is, how bad is it really??[br][br]please no sugar coating lol[br][br]thanks[br] tegs

Hey Tegs[br]My tour goes to Amsterdam so i would be interested to hear about it too! Unfortunately i don’t know what other hotels we will be staying at. [br][br]well hopefully it is a case of ‘don’t judge a book by its cover’ situation… ;D[br][br]Essential Europe Winter Tour- 23rd Dec

WOW!! I really hope It’s not as scary as it sounds![br][br]That wold be horrible

you’ve got me worried now! :o[br][br]Nicole[br]Grand European July 2009 :)[br]+ Britain & Ireland[br]+ Greek Islands

we stayed there in august and i had a ball believe me there are worse places to stay in europe, we stayed in two different rooms and they were both clean and tidy and there is a good atmosphere and it is so close to everything have a ball guys.

thanks steve i feel a bit better now![br][br]sorry for getting everyone else worried, hehe :)[br][br]tegs[br][br]Winter Getaway - 9th Dec

Don’t fret it teggs, i’m just getting overly paranoid about my trip. Glad to hear that the accom isn’t that bad.[br][br]Nicole[br]Grand European July 2009 :)[br]+ Britain & Ireland[br]+ Greek Islands

If your doing the grand european tour this accom. is the worst in the tour but its great location and you don’t spend that much time there. It has is own bar and nightclub (oops disco as they say in Europe, don’t say nightclub, it means something else over there!!!) By the time you get there you are on a high because your having so much fun but also a downer because the tour is almost over that you don’t think the accom. is that bad. Have a ball.[br][br]Bec

yeah i just had a look too and it looks scary!!! not to keen on it, i know that might sound im up my self but i dunno about that place ???[br][br]Grand European 26th May 2009[br]

Tegs- I was curious, how did you find out what hostels etc you were staying at on your trip? I;m doing the Grand European and also the Britain + Ireland trips and i would love to be able to do some research before i go.[br][br]Bec1- what does nightclub mean over there? ???[br][br]Nicole[br]Grand European July 2009[br]+ Britain & Ireland September 2009[br]+ Greek Islands

Hi All,[br][br]I wouldn’t get to hung up on the list of hostels etc you are staying in on the trip as we found they can change. There were quite a few stops where we stayed at a completely different place to the one listed in our travel docs! In Amsterdam in particular we ended up at this great 4 star hotel for some reason, I wasn’t complaining!!;D

Nightclub in some parts of Europe means parlour or brothel!!! It was wierd saying disco as i hadn’t been to one since I was 10yrs[br][br]Bec

HA HA HA ;D I know what you mean, disco was the thing you went to in primary school where the girls and the boys stood at opposite sides of the room due to “cooties” lol…[br][br]Thanks for clearing that up for me Bec,won’t be using that word now![br][br]Nicole[br]Grand European July 2009[br]+ Britain & Ireland September 2009[br]+ Greek Islands [br]