Pyramids & Beaches Spending money

Hi, I am thinking of going on the Egypt Pyramids & Beaches on 28 Nov. Firstly I was wondering if anyone had been on it and what was it like and secondly how much extra spending money did you need/take. I am on a bit of a budget, the package is ?299 plus $180 local payment, but how much more after that might it be please?[br][br]Thanks in advance

Hi, I am thinking of going on the Egypt Pyramids & Beaches on 28 Nov. Firstly I was wondering if anyone had been on it and what was it like and secondly how much extra spending money did you need/take. I am on a bit of a budget, the package is ?299 plus $180 local payment, but how much more after that might it be please?[br][br]Thanks in advance

Hi[br][br]Me and a friend are doing the same tour but departing 4th December. We are looking at bringing $2000AUD plus extras in case.[br][br]Sarah

Hi,[br][br]I did this trip in Feb 2009 and can’t remember the exact price of everything but it gives you a list of the optional extras on the dossier. I did the entrance to the 3rd pyramid (only 4 of us did this but it was cool if yr not claustraphobic), we went to the museum in Cairo too (everyone did that). Paid for Karnak and Luxor Temple (worth it, last temples u see and probs the best), Valley of the Kings too. We went to Abu Simbel too for about ?50- we had to leave at 3 or 4 in the morning and it takes about 3 hours there and 3 back but again is so worth it. I did the Nubian dinner and camel ride (everyone did the dinner but some people stayed on the boat while we went on the camels). I paid ?20 the pleasure of walking up a mountain at 2am after no sleep, on the way to Dahab. I wasnt told there would be a 3 hour walk in the pitch black behind camels argh! It was freezing at the top too so take thermals or a sleeping bag and the sunset was just OK. I think everyone did it though so it was good just for the bonding with the group. It was too windy for the felucca too so all of us, 32 of us, decided to upgrade to the cruise boat for about 50 USD each. We were glad that we did after we went on a mini felucca trip and a lot of us had food poisoning by that point. I did hot air ballooning too, which meant another early start of about 3:30am. It was so cool though- a bit expensive but well worth the money and I think its still cheaper than doing it in other countries. Dahab I didnt do anything except sunbathe by the pool and chill. Some people did quad biking or a diving trip or horse riding. [br][br]All in all I spent about ?500, which was pretty good. I guess that would work out as 1000 australian dollars. Each night I would spend about ?10 on food and drink and then just a few pounds on food during the day. Most days we got breakfast but it was gross.[br] [br]If you can you NEED to get a card from STA travel- either a student card of a youth card (if youre under 26) because I got half price on EVERYTHING!!![br][br]Hope this helps,[br]Rachel[br][br]Pyramids and Beaches, February 2009

Thanks very much for help! Thanks Rachel, that breakdown was just what I needed too, a lot of very early mornings there! I think I might have to leave doing the trip this time round if that’s the case.[br][br]I wouldn’t like to go and not do as much as I could and by the sounds of things if you spend ?500 and got it all half price that I am looking at more like ?1000 and I would like to do some diving at Dahab. I am not a student or under 26, but young at heart, ha! I just can’t afford that right now so might try and look at one of the shorter trips and even a different destination.[br][br]Thanks again for your help.[br][br]Ian

Thanks very much for help! Thanks Rachel, that breakdown was just what I needed too, a lot of very early mornings there! I think I might have to leave doing the trip this time round if that’s the case.[br][br]I wouldn’t like to go and not do as much as I could and by the sounds of things if you spend ?500 and got it all half price that I am looking at more like ?1000 and I would like to do some diving at Dahab. I am not a student or under 26, but young at heart, ha! I just can’t afford that right now so might try and look at one of the shorter trips and even a different destination.[br][br]Thanks again for your help.[br][br]Ian