Pyramids and Beaches May 8, 2010


Hey! Just wanted to see who else is going on this tour! :slight_smile: Let me know!

<3 kat


Can someone tell me about the entrance visa into egypt? As a Canadian, can this be done upon arrival? If so, what do I need to bring?


This is what the Canadian Government has to say about needing Visas in Egypt. It’s a bit confusing but should have all of the information that you need. Their website is fairly good for visiting most countries.


It is the sole prerogative of each country or region to determine who is allowed to enter. All countries or regions have special requirements for persons intending to reside for extended periods (usually more than 90 days) or who plan to work, study, or engage in non-tourist activities. To obtain information on specific entry requirements, contact the nearest diplomatic or consular office of the destination(s) to be visited. Violations of entry and exit requirements may result in serious penalties.

The following information on entry and exit requirements has been confirmed with the Egyptian authorities. However, these requirements are subject to change at any time. It is the traveller’s responsibility to check with the Embassy of the Arab Republic of Egypt and its consulates for up-to-date information.

A valid Canadian passport is required for Canadians intending to visit Egypt. The passport must be valid for at least six months beyond the date of your expected departure from Egypt. All Canadians must get an entry stamp upon arrival in Egypt in order to get an exit stamp that will give them the permission to leave Egypt.

Tourist Visa: Required (see exception below)
Business Visa: Required
Student Visa: Required
Diplomatic Visa: Required

Tourists holding a regular passport can visit Egypt three days in a row, without a visa, provided that they do not stay overnight.

All diplomatic and special passports holders have to get their visa before travelling to Egypt, even if the purpose of the trip is not work.

Other types of visas can be obtained at major ports of entry. It is recommended that travellers obtain their visa from an Egyptian embassy or consulate before arrival to avoid the possibility of being refused entry or experiencing lengthy delays upon arrival. Canadians who intend to stay for more than one month, and who have obtained a visa from an Egyptian embassy abroad, should be aware that, upon arrival at the airport, a 30-day visa will be stamped in their passport regardless of the visa previously granted. You are responsible for renewing this visa every 30 days, or a fine will be levied.

Canadians intending to visit Egypt should be in possession of a return or onward airline ticket and sufficient funds for the stay.

When exiting Egypt, all travellers must show proof of an entry stamp in their passport at the point of departure. Without proof of entry, an exit stamp cannot be obtained and travellers will be denied exit. All Canadians who have entered the country with a Canadian passport and have obtained a new passport while in Egypt must present the new passport to the Egyptian immigration authorities at Mugamma, Tahrir Square, Cairo, to ensure that an entry stamp is transferred into the new passport. These requirements also apply for newborns and dual nationals.


Here’s also another useful website that made everything more clear for me (even though I’m not going to Egypt! Just thought that I’d help!).


Thanks guys! :slight_smile: