Pre Tour Advice

Hi All,[br][br]I was wondering if any of you could help me, as my girlfriend and I will be doing a tour but we have around a week and a half to spare and need a bit of advice on places people would recommend to visit in the UK along with any reasonably priced places to stay. [br][br]Thanks in advance,[br]Ede[br][br]Discover Europe 2009 [br](17th Sept 09 - 12th Oct 2009)

Edinburgh was great!! windy but great! i loved edinburgh castle and holyrood palace! I am also a HUGE fan of london! I spent about 5 days there and still didnt get to see everything i wanted to!! HIGHLY reccommend the tower of london!! I love history though, so it depends on what you are into! :)[br][br]Loch Ness was pretty crap, but its ok if its a place u want to tick off ur list :slight_smile: lol[br][br]There are some great lochs in scotland, unfortunately i didnt get to stop at them :([br][br]I personally loved stonehenge, but I am into that sort of stuff, and I can see how people find it disapointing.[br][br]Leeana[br]Canberra, Australia[br]Spirit of Europe 16 Sept 08[br]+ London Stopover[br]+ Edinburgh Minibreak

hey you should definitely consider Scotland as an option. Edinburgh is beautiful, very historic lots to see. I highly recommend The Real Mary Kings Close, its on the royal mile, my friend and I did it last second and we loved it one of the highlights of my trip.[br][br]London is a must see as well, pricey but worth it you can take the red open top bus for like 20 pounds and you get to take it for 24 hours straight so you can see all the major sites in that time. [br][br]hope this helps

oooohhh!! I agree on the Real Mary Kings Close!! that was great!![br][br]Leeana[br]Canberra, Australia[br]Spirit of Europe 16 Sept 08[br]+ London Stopover[br]+ Edinburgh Minibreak

cool thanks… will definitely look into those locations any more good places to visit, and recommendations on accommodation aswell?[br][br]Discover Europe 2009 [br](17th Sept 09 - 12th Oct 2009)

I stayed at the Globetrotter Inn both in London and in Edinburgh.[br][br]While the edinburgh one was great and had a fab atmosphere, IMO it was just too far out of the city centre, and they have shuttles that go every hour/half hour but it takes 20mins to get to and from the hostel, so i would suggest somewhere else.[br][br][br]Leeana[br]Canberra, Australia[br]Spirit of Europe 16 Sept 08[br]+ London Stopover[br]+ Edinburgh Minibreak

Scotland is AWESOME! Edinburgh ws great! we likes the globetrotter and didnt mind being a little bit out of the town centre! All the way along loch ness is beautiful, as well as inverness and Stirling! London was ok, but the country side on engalnd is nice!

if your stain in london and want a hotel (sorry im a hotel kinda girl) the UMI had great rates. I am going in May before my tour and i am stayin there for 90.00 cdn/night for a single. I’ve also stayed at Palmers Lodge which was great bathrooms are a little small.

Yeah I’m planning to stay at the Umi hotel before and after my tour as I know it’ll be a struggle to wake up at the crack of dawn to make it to the early morning meet and probably easiest place to stay as my tour isn’t scheduled to get back till 9pm at night…[br][br]However as much as I want to stay at hotels for the duration of my trip I think i’ll have to mix it up with a few hostels as it’s a bit of a strain on the budget going hotels for the extra 25 days I have outside of the trip :)[br][br]Discover Europe 2009 [br](17th Sept 09 - 12th Oct 2009)

Hi Ede, around the UK consider using Bed and Breakfasts. They’re really easy to find (we just drove around until it was getting dark, then stopped at the nearest little town and found a B&B for the night - never failed!). They’re also cheaper than hotels, usually a pretty good standard (some are superb) and you get a full breakfast in the mornings too. :)[br][br]Red Star Special[br]26 July 2009