Pre purchasing tickets

Hi,

Just after some advice for which attractions (in Europe) people reccommend pre purchasing tickets for to avoid long waiting times after reading that lines for the vatican etc can be up to 5 hrs wait, doesn’t sound like fun to me when we only have limited time in each city.

Thank in advance,
Hailey

[quote=30942]after reading that lines for the vatican etc can be up to 5 hrs wait, doesn’t sound like fun to me when we only have limited time in each city.

Thank in advance,
Hailey[/quote]

Really? Whoa… im assuming thats during peak season. Thats insane, it only took me about 10mins during offpeak season (January) for the Vatican, surprisingly it was pretty warm in Rome despite been the middle of winter… blue sunny skies.

It really depends on the time of year your travelling… I did the Vatican mid May a couple years back, we got there early and were lined up for only about 40 mins… ( and from memory, 30 mins of that was because it hadn’t opened yet). Biggest hold up we had was the Eiffle Tower, I gave it a miss as it was a good 3hr wait… ended up going back early the following morning, got there 30 mins before opening and was at the front of the line…

even if you have tickets you will be lining up I was told there was a line for people who had tickets already and if the tour you are on says they have express line up you still have to line up because they have all the tour buses line up in the one line best bet find a side entrance if there is one no line and quick entry

so true… a lot of the time the express line’s are longer than the general admin… the biggest thing to cut waiting time down is get there early… if it opens at 8am, get there at 7am, grab a coffee and some breakfast on the way and have it while you wait…