Pre-departure meetings?

Hi Guys,

Just wondering if we need to a attend a pre-departure meeting before our tour begins???
I am going on the ‘Spirit of Europe’ tour departing 4th May 2010 & I haven’t read anywhere about such a meeting.

Was speaking to a friend of mine the other night who went on a Contiki tour last year & she metioned they were required to attend a meeting the night before their tour began for Contiki to check their passports, travel insurance & to make sure they were actually on the right tour.

Made me think - exactly when do we get all of this checked? Bit hard for Topdeck to do so for 50 of us just before we leave isn’t it??

I don’t know, maybe I’m jumping the gun, but I’d rather check now then find out the day our tour departs we should’ve been somewhere the night before!

Cheers

Hey,
Topdeck don’t have offical pre-departure meetings, although if you are staying at the hostel/hotel the tour departs from the night before you are bound to run into someone on your tour.
Your tour leader checks all your documents (Passport,insurance etc) on the bus on the way to Dover and on the morning of your depature you will get your name marked of by your leader to make sure you are on the right tour.
Have a wicked time, its FINALLY getting warm over here :slight_smile:
Christine

Thanks Christine - was getting a bit worried there!

Getting warm over there? Where exactly are you at the mo? I was planning on packing for mainly cooler weather?? :-s