Pounds/euro's

HEY EVERYONE,[br][br]JUST A QUICK QUESTION, IM ABOUT TO EXCHANGE MONEY IN AUS N WAS WONDERING IF I NEED TO GET THE POUND, OR CAN I JUST USE EURO’S IN THE UK?[br][br]Brittaz

nope, can’t use euros in the uk… would be like trying to use nz dollars in oz!

i geus you’ll need euros in europe, and pounds in the UK.[br][br]i would recommend checking up each country you are goin to tho (on the net) as some european countries have thier own currency.[br][br]Does anyone know off the top of thier head what currency they use in ireland?

hey travel girl in south Ireland they use the euro, but in north ireland they use the pound.

Some places like Croatia accept EURO but your change will be in their currency of course.

most places are the EURO now but not all. You’ll need pounds in UK and I think Switzerland doesn’t have the Euro either. I am not sure about other places on my tour …

Yeah switzerland has the swiss franc.[br][br]Essential Europe Winter Tour- 23rd Dec

Bring Euros, if the country you’re going to doesnt use the euro, one of the first things they do is stop so you can get change, i found it easier to bring my ATM card and just withdraw money in each city. France, Italy, Spain, Austria, Germany, Greece, Netherlands all work on the Euro. Romania, Bulgaria, Poland, Hungary, Slovakia, Turkey, and the Czech Republic have their own currencies. Watch out for change places that will rip you off. Your tour leader will tell you what the exchange rate should be.

We just had Euros for the start of our trip and then only changed it when told too (the bus stops when you cross the border so you can change your money). Our guide gave us a rough guide as to how much to change. We also found some countries also accepted Euros (ie. Switzerland) and would give you the change in their currency. I think we only changed money twice on our trip, we mainly used Euros everywhere else.[br][br]Discover Europe - 11 June 2008