Phone home

Do we get many opportunities to call home? Is there some kind of European calling card? [br]I have no clue so any advice would be appreciated.

As far as I know everyone is given a phonecard on the bus with some credit on it. You would need a land line to use it though. I got a prepaid global sim for my phone, but obviously I dont plan to use it a lot as it tends to rack up quite a bill.[br]Otherwise things like email, facebook, messenger and skype are easy once you get internet access.[br][br]Hope this helps[br][br]Mike

Thanks Mike, any and all advice is appreciated!

I toured with topdeck in june and the best thing to do would get a UK sim which works in europe aswell, it is a cheaper way to call home than using your aussie sim and putting it on international roaming which i did and racked up a bill of over $600 in 4 weeks calling home around 12 times, although if you are just goin to text your aussie phone would be fine. a few people on our tour used the topdeck sim but had a bit of trouble with it, like alot of credit dissapearing for quick calls. hope this helps a bit!

Can you suggest the Company of the UK Sim you purchased? I am sure we will have lots to choose from, some good some bad like in Australia[br][br][quote]Originally posted by karinam[br]
I toured with topdeck in june and the best thing to do would get a UK sim which works in europe aswell, it is a cheaper way to call home than using your aussie sim and putting it on international roaming which i did and racked up a bill of over $600 in 4 weeks calling home around 12 times, although if you are just goin to text your aussie phone would be fine. a few people on our tour used the topdeck sim but had a bit of trouble with it, like alot of credit dissapearing for quick calls. hope this helps a bit![br][/quote][br][br]Europe Oct 10 onwards[br]Thailand 2007,2008,2009[br]NT 2008[br]