Phone Cards - Calling Home!


Hey, just wondering if anyone can give me any advice on to what would be the best phone card to purchase to be able to call home to NZ. I dont want to take my mobile, and worry about texting and roaming and blocking calls and things cause of the xpense, would rather just have a phone card and use it when needed. Any suggestions???


Telstra have a phone-away card that you can purchase online/in store. We had two cards when we went away and it was perfect. Just make sure you get the Telstra dialing codes for the countries you are in…this can be found on their website.


Great, thank you so much, this is an awesome help. I will check online what the deal is. I think I would prefer to do that instead of fluffing around with all that stuff on mobile phones. THanks once again.


Does anyone have any advice about calling home to Australia?[br][br]Nicole[br]Grand European July 2009[br]+ Britain & Ireland September 2009[br]+ Greek Islands


I would look into the telstra phone away card, that ice5 mentioned. I have done some research and for calling nz, I will probably get the yabba phone card, which is through telecom, its a prepay card, and it can be topped up online or calling them, and it gives you the rates per minute from what country you would be calling from, so thats always good to know a bit before hand of how much the calls are costing you.


There is a sim card you can get called travel sim. You can use it in most parts of the world and have really good rates. You can use the sim card in your phone if it’s unlocked.


Thanks for the help guys :)[br][br]Nicole[br]Grand European July 2009[br]+ Britain & Ireland September 2009[br]+ Greek Islands