Paris

Hey, [br][br]Just wondering what others are planing to do or have done in the past in re to Paris.[br]I am on the “Tapis Trail” which i believe is apart of the “Discover Europe” and im a bit stuck on what to do on my one real day in Paris.[br]There is an option to do a bike ride around Paris which sounds awesome where u “see” the sights… im just alil worried that there will be no time to actualy SEE and visit the sights, i really want to go up the Efffel Tower just dont know if i’ll get time if i go on the optional.[br]Anyone got any insight on this???:)[br][br]Tapis Trail 20 August

I was in Paris on a winter tour 2 years ago and it was one of the best days ever! We had an early breakfast, caught the train in to the city, did the Eiffel Tower before the bike ride (which on our tour was unanimously the best optional activity), before visiting the Louver (there are fast track signs to the highlights of the museum, but try to make your way to Napoleons apartments as this was the closest to the d?cor of the palace or Versailles). We even managed to fit in shopping and a quick walk through Notre Dame Cathedral before dinner and night activities. A handful of people made their way out to Versailles for the day.[br][br]I don?t know what queues are like in summer, but for the Louver there are a few alternative entrances to the main entrance (eg. from the train station). [br][br]Hope this helps, assuming the activities are similar.[br]

Wow thanks :slight_smile: thats awesome[br]So u got to go to the Louve aswell? this was also before the bike tour? and most of teh ppl on ur tour did this?[br]just hard to know what i will get time to do so this helps :slight_smile: [br][br]Ta[br][br]Tapis Trail 20 August

Hey Sarzy,[br]I had the same problem when I went to Paris. I ended up climbing the Effiel tower, had a bit of a walk around the city then did the bike tour-this is SO worth it and you do see alot of stuff. Sadly I with all this I didn’t have time to go to the Louvre, but i did ride past it. I wasn’t all that bothered cause Im living in London and plan on going back to Paris. If your only here of the tour choose what you REALLY want to see and stick with it.[br]Have a great trip[br]Christine[br][br]European Getaway 16 May 2009[br]Oktoberfest 18 Sept 2009

Thanks Chrissy :slight_smile: [br][br]Sounds good![br]So i asume the bike ride is in the afternoon then? Cant wait![br]Yes i think id rather go to the tower than the Louve… im sure i will go back one day :slight_smile: [br][br]Thanks mate[br][br]Tapis Trail 20 August

I didnt do the bike ride but they guys that did said it was awsome - it was in the morning - the bus dropped us all off at the tower cause thats where the bike ride went from, we climbed the tower with the guys going on the bike ride then we went off towards the Champs Elyse and they went off! Me and my other half went shopping, went to the Acr de Trimph, ate Mc Donalds from the only Mc Donalds that had white arches not yellow and went to the Louve, we walked all day and caught one train! You can fits lots in if you plan it well! Its worth going to the Lourve even if your not into art, just to say you went! We just went and saw the Mona Lisa, Venus de Milo (not sure if that how you spell it??) and some other stuff! Worth it![br]Jo

Thanks for all the info guys :slight_smile: [br]feeling much better about it now!!![br]And il be sure to look out for that maccaz Jo hahah[br][br]Tapis Trail 20 August

When I was in Paris in July 2 years ago the queues for the Eiffel Tower were RIDICULOUS. I’ve never seen such a huge queue, so didn’t even bother hanging around. Did make it to the Louvre and had a look around. Saw Mona Lisa, shedloads of people crowded around it, was a lil underwhelming to tell the truth…there was more interesting stuff to have a look at…[br][br]If you want to do Paris properly, I think you really need to give it a week. Not that any of the tours on here allow for that. heh.

I have just done the Europe Uncovered tour and while I didn’t do the bike tour, the others who did said it was awesome.[br][br]For us it started at 3pm under the Eiffel Tower. Those who did it managed to do the Louvre and Eiffel Tower beforehand. I’d suggest you do Louvre first thing and spend maybe a couple of hours there - see the Mona Lisa and Venus de Milo and then anything else you might like to see. You could spend an entire week just there but unfortunately on this sort of trip you have to be selective and do a couple of hours if you want to do something else. Then do the Eiffel Tower. Probably allow 2 hours for the tower as you will have to queue and you’ll want to spend a bit of time up there. So aim to be there at 1. This is assuming the bike tour is the same time of 3pm for you.[br][br]Also for the tower, the queues are ridiculously long for the lift but not so bad for the stairs so if you want to make sure you have enough time, queue for the stairs. You don’t have to go all the way to the top as you can get to the first viewing level then get the lift up there easily.[br][br]Alternatively, the Eiffel Tower is open into the evening so if you are not going to the cabaret show you could go up it after the bike tour and dinner. Stays light until late in summer.[br][br]Hope that helps.

Think i will able to handle the stairs :slight_smile: [br][br]Thanks for all the info! Lets hope il fit it all in![br][br]Sarah[br][br]Tapis Trail 20 August

Heya Sarzy[br]Just got back from Euro Odyssey. If you want to do eiffel go early in the morning. the tour will do a morning drop off in the morning, but it will get you too late (so get up early have brekkie and take the metro in. metro is easy to use, just follow the colours), otherwise you can go later on and walk up the eiffel. Otherwise if you want to do the louvre or the notre dame, i suggest do the notre dame first thing in the morning because it becomes quite hectic with the queues, the louvre however has lots of entrances so it doesn’t have that big of a line. [br]Bike ride was fantastic, a little bit hectic at times but the guys give you good information and do take you around.

I would go from the Eiffel tower up to the champ de elysee to the Arc de Triomphe, from there you can walk down the shoping district to the louvre and also fit in notre dame. I did that last year on my European wonder and it was awesome. We saw everything. It was a action packed day but well worth it.[br][br]Nick[br][br]Grand European Tour[br]August 25th 2009

I went to Paris in April and the lineup to go up the Eiffel Tower (elevator) was a 4 hour wait. Add another several hours to go from the second-highest floor to the top floor. (Small elevator from there that only fits about 5 people at a time.)[br][br]I ended up going to the tower 2 hours before it opened. I was second in line, which meant I had no lineup at all to get to the top floor. The added bonus of this is that the top floor won’t be so crowded for about 30 minutes to an hour after you get up there… there will be space to move around and enjoy it.[br][br]The possible down side is that it might be foggy in the early morning, and not clear up until you’re done with the tower. For me the view wasn’t great at all, but still a good experience.[br][br]The Louvre is a must for sure, as well as the garden in front of it (I forget the name.)

awww soo much to do so little time!![br]Thanks everyone :)[br][br]Tapis Trail 20 August