Paris Accommodations

Hi everyone!

Just would like some advice. I’m doing the Bravo Italia tour Sept. 8 2013 departure, and I’m debating on flying into Paris for 2 nights before that. Does anyone know of the cost of visiting and staying in Paris for 2 days? I’d stay the Friday and Saturday then fly into Rome on the Sunday, Sept. 8th early morning. I’d just like to know if anyone knows anything about visiting Paris for 2 days. I’d obviously see the main things there like the Eiffel Tower, the Louvre, the Arch, things like that. Should I stay in a hostel or hotel? How much do restaurants cost over there? Nothing overly fancy. Just basic stuff.

Thanks for any advice given!

Becca

Paris is one of the best visiting places in the world.you really enjoy to visit it.

Hi Becca,

My Cousin and i are going to Paris next year and was able to get a good price for accommodation from our travel agent staying close the the centre of Paris. We are looking at getting the 2 day Paris pass which is about 105 euro and includes a metro card. It gets you into most of the tourist attractions and allows you to skip the queues by using the pass entrance. The only one I don’t think it gets you to is the Eiffel Tower.

If you would like to check it out the website is www.parispass.com

I hope this helps.

Tracey.

Hiya,

I’ve been to Paris 3 times now, about to go for the 4th, If you have the option to go I highly recommend taking it!
The first time I went was only overnight, and that was enough to see all the main sights briefly, and get a taste for Paris!
I have stayed in Montmartre, which is a fairly good base - not totally ‘central’ but We walked everywhere from there (long walks, but it was the best waay to experience everything and still do-able in 2 days) but it’s also so easy to catch the metro to somewhere more ‘central’ and go from there. If you’re after a hotel I recommend a little place called Hotel des Artistes, a couple of streets back from the moulin rouge - nothing crazy fancy but not over priced and decent enough. If you’re after a hostel there are 2 not far from there, Le regent and the other I can’t remember the name of, one of which I’m staying in for 2 weeks in January that looks alright.

As for price, you can do it cheaply if need be. Food isn’t ‘cheap’, but can be done on a budget if need be and most of the main sights won’t cost you the earth. My tip - If you’re on a budget and in a hurry, skip going up the Eiffel Tower, and go up the Arch de Triumphe instead. The highlight of the Paris skyline is the Eiffel tower, and you can’t see that from the Eiffel tower itself! Also, the Louvre is insanely massive and can take up alot of time, and will cost you to get into - personally, with only 2 days I would skip going inside unless it’s something you’ve really always wanted to do - or just do a quick dash to the most famous bits and pieces and move on.

Hope that helps a little

Katie :slight_smile:

Paris is an exotic destination for spend vacations there.

[quote=39998]Hi everyone!

Just would like some advice. I’m doing the Bravo Italia tour Sept. 8 2013 departure, and I’m debating on flying into Paris for 2 nights before that. Does anyone know of the cost of visiting and staying in Paris for 2 days? I’d stay the Friday and Saturday then fly into Rome on the Sunday, Sept. 8th early morning. I’d just like to know if anyone knows anything about visiting Paris for 2 days. I’d obviously see the main things there like the Eiffel Tower, the Louvre, the Arch, things like that. Should I stay in a hostel or hotel? How much do restaurants cost over there? Nothing overly fancy. Just basic stuff.

Thanks for any advice given!

Becca[/quote]

Hi,
you can check all this stuff in 2 days. Whne you starts with Eiffel Tower, than you had to walk to river Seina, if you go along the embankment it will lead you to the Louvre and the Museum d’Orsay - must to see it :wink: Thank you can walkto the Concorde Square, where is the famous obelisk. Bastille is just about 30 minutes away. Second day, you can visit Notre Damme or Monmartre. If you really want to enjoy Paris, so at least 14 days are needed. You cna discover a lot of beautiful museums there - Rodin’s, Lautrec’s, musee de pompidou, near Paris are Versailles … Parisa is worth to see it!

Yeap, it’s worth to see Paris… especially in autumn.

There are many hotels out there with pricing starts from very low to high (5 star, 7 star). I know a hotel with good service and comes within budget i.e. about 100$ per night. Here is the Hotel details: Euro Hotel Paris Creteil (Address: 12 Avenue Fernand Pouillon). You can always check the hotel rates online through any hotel booking sites or agencies like http://www.wego.co.in/hotels or directly through official hotels websites. And coming to the rest of the expenses like sight seeing/city tour, etc bookings can be done at hotel itself (don’t forget to bargain).