Optional Extras

Hi everyone[br]Just wondering from people who have previously been on the spirit of europe what optional extras that you would recommend or maybe not reccomend.[br]Would be great to hear your advice on this :)[br]Casey[br]Spirit of Europe [br]April

Casey do you mind if i hijack your topic a little and also ask people what optional extras were available on Grand European as well??[br][br]Nicole[br]Grand European July 2009[br]+ Britain & Ireland September 2009[br]+ Greek Islands

A little more hijacking here ;D Hope you girls don’t mind![br][br]Does top deck not give us a list of the optional extras that are avaliable on our trip - before we leave?? Or do they put it on the website or something??[br][br][br][br]Lou[br][br]Mega European [br](May 2009)

Further hijacking…sorry Casey!![br]This is aimed at Admin, could you guys please let us know where we could get a list of optionals for the various tours?[br][br]Thanks!! :)[br][br]Adela and Leszek (Sis and Bro)[br]Summer Fun and Sailing June 26th 2009

Another Hijack! I saw photos of people on a topdeck tour in Austria doing horseback riding … yet its not on the list of optional extras… just wondering if admin or someone else whose been on a tour could advise?

Hi Guys,[br][br]Great to see that you are all planning ahead - we have some fab optionals on the trips :)[br][br]I will look into the horse riding query and get back to you. We are in the middle of updating the website and will let you know as soon as the optionals info is available. [br][br]Cheers,[br][br]Anita

ok, i did the spirit of europe and you should be able to find a list of all of the optional extras in the pdf found on the tour webpage :)[br][br]these are the ones that i did and highly reccommend them all!![br][br]* River cruise in Paris[br]* Fat Bike Tour in Paris[br]* Go up the Jungfrau in Switzerland (there is also skydiving in Switzerland, but i didnt do it!)[br]* Gondola Ride in Venice[br]* Auschwitz in Poland[br]* Third Reich Walking Tour in Berlin[br]* Bike tour in Amsterdam[br]* River cruise in Amsterdam[br][br]Those are the ones that i can rememeber :)[br][br]Leeana[br]Canberra, Australia[br]Spirit of Europe 16 Sept 08[br]+ London Stopover[br]+ Edinburgh Minibreak

No worries about the hijacking. Awesome quesions that I hadnt thought of. Thanks Leanna sounds like theres lots to chose from. Will look for the pdf file. Did look but didn’t see. Might need to have a ‘better’ look :)[br]Thanks everyone-I am getting so excited now.[br][br]Casey[br]Spirit of Europe [br]April 09

Diff can’t see a pdf file. Are they being updated admin??[br]Do you know when they will be on.[br]Thanks[br][br]Casey[br]Spirit of Europe[br]April 09

To the Forum Moderator,[br][br]Could you please direct us to a optionals list or let us know when the updated list will be up on the tour pages?[br][br]Thank you[br][br]Adela and Leszek (Sis and Bro)[br]Summer Fun and Sailing June 26th 2009

Hi All,[br][br]We are updating the website - and will let you know as soon as the info is available.[br][br]Best wishes,[br][br]Anita

Hi All, I haven’t done a Topdeck tour before (roll on July!!), but did a Contiki last year. I would highly recommend doing as many of the optional extras as you can. They’re all great experiences, and a load of fun. Once you’ve made it all the way to Europe it would be a shame to miss out on something for the sake of a few dollars! The same goes for anything you see and would like to buy - just do it! Often you don’t see the same thing again, and end up regretting not buying it when you did see it. Happy travels![br][br]Red Star Special[br]26 July 2009

I know the PDF’s aren’t up on the site yet but can we get a list of optional extras directly from top deck???[br][br]Nicole[br]Grand European July 2009[br]+ Britain & Ireland September 2009[br]+ Greek Islands

Do the optional extras on the website include all of the extras available or just some?

this is the list of extra’s for the Grand European, which visits most of the same places as the Spirit of Europe except Croatia, and Tyrol in Austria instead of Vienna… the prices are for summer 2008, so may not be the same as the current prices, and the options may not be exactly the same as offered on your tour, but it gives you a rough idea of what’s available, and the approx costs…[br][br]FRANCE[br]Paradis Latin Cabaret Show ?54[br]Fat Tyre Bike Tour ?20[br]Seine River Cruise ?8[br][br]SWITZERLAND[br]Jungfrau Excursion 135 Swiss Francs[br]Skydiving ?265 / 430 Swiss Francs[br][br]SPAIN[br]Flamenco Show ?30[br][br]ITALY - ROME[br]Vatican Tour ?31 / ?36[br][br]ITALY - VENICE[br]Gondola Ride around the Canals ?19[br]Commemorative Trip T-shirt ?18[br]Commemorative Girly T-shirt ?19.50[br]Commemorative Polo shirt ?22.50[br]Commemorative Beauty V Top ?21[br]Commemorative Mens Singlet ?18[br]Commemorative Unisex Hoodie ?28.50[br][br]CROATIA[br]Rab Island day trip ?20[br][br]AUSTRIA[br]Group Photo ?10[br]Mountainside Dinner ?20[br]Canyon Jumping ?59[br]Tandem Paraglide ?109[br]Skydiving ?206[br][br]GERMANY[br]Berlin Third Reich Walking Tour ?9[br]Berlin Pub Crawl & T-shirt ?12[br][br]NETHERLANDS[br]Evening Canal Cruise (Incl drinks) ?28[br]Heineken Experience ?10[br][br]the travel bug has bit me

Hi stephieOS. This is awesome. Thank you so much. I leave on the grand european in about 6 weeks, so its a huge help to have this and the prices, you are awesome. I have asked Topdeck admin for this infor, and am yet to receive, so this is truly appreciated, as I am sure everyone else will be grateful for you taking the time to give us this information. Cheers.

Hi All,[br][br]The 2009 info is currently being checked by our Operations Department to make sure the prices etc. are up to date on the optionals. [br][br]I can, however, give you 2008 info for guidance / budgeting purposes. Please not that there may be some minor changes once the 2009 list is up - we are aiming to have them up by the end of this week.[br][br]SUMMER FUN & SAILING - OPTIONAL EXCURSIONS - 2008 PRICES[br][br]FRANCE[br]Paris:[br]Paradis Latin Cabaret Show ?54[br]Fat Tyre Bike Tour ?20[br]Seine River Cruise ?8[br][br]SWITZERLAND[br]Lauterbrunnen:[br]Jungfrau Excursion Approx 130 Swiss Francs[br]Mountain Biking Approx 35 Swiss Francs[br][br]ITALY[br]Venice:[br]Gondola Ride around the Canals ?18.50[br]Commemorative Trip T-shirt ?17.50[br]Commemorative Girly T-shirt ?19.50[br]Commemorative Polo shirt ?22.50[br]Commemorative Beauty V Top ?20.30[br]Commemorative Mens Singlet ?17.50[br]Commemorative Unisex Hoodie ?26.50[br][br]AUSTRIA[br]Tyrol:[br]Group Photo ?10[br]Mountainside Dinner ?17[br]Mountain Bike Hire ?20[br]Canyon Jumping ?59[br]Tandem Paraglide ?99[br]Skydiving ?206[br]White Water Rafting ?38[br][br]NETHERLANDS[br]Amsterdam:[br]Evening Canal Cruise (Incl drinks) ?27[br]Heineken Experience ?10[br][br][br]SOME OPTIONS MAY NOT BE AVAILABLE AT CERTAIN TIMES OF THE YEAR. [br][br]GRAND EUROPEAN ? OPTIONAL EXCURSIONS - 2008 PRICES FOR REFERENCE[br][br]FRANCE:[br]Paris:[br]Paradis Latin Cabaret Show ?54[br]Fat Tyre Bike Tour ?20[br]Seine River Cruise ?8[br][br]SWITZERLAND:[br]Lauterbrunnen:[br]Jungfrau Excursion Approx 130 Swiss Francs[br]Mountain Biking Approx 35 Swiss Francs[br][br]SPAIN:[br]Barcelona:[br]Flamenco show ?30[br][br]ITALY:[br]Venice:[br]Gondola Ride around the Canals ?18.50[br]Commemorative Trip T-shirt ?17.50[br]Commemorative Girly T-shirt ?19.50[br]Commemorative Polo shirt ?22.50[br]Commemorative Beauty V Top ?20.30[br]Commemorative Mens Singlet ?17.50[br]Commemorative Unisex Hoodie ?26.50[br][br]CROATIA:[br]Rab Island day cruise ?20[br][br]AUSTRIA:[br]Tyrol:[br]Group Photo ?10[br]Mountainside Dinner ?17[br]Mountain Bike Hire ?20[br]Canyon Jumping ?59[br]Tandem Paraglide ?99[br]Skydiving ?206[br][br]GERMANY:[br]Berlin:[br]Berlin Third Reich Walking Tour ?9[br]Berlin Pub Crawl & T-shirt ?12[br][br]NETHERLANDS:[br]Amsterdam:[br]Evening Canal Cruise (Incl drinks) ?27[br]Heineken Experience ?10[br][br][br]SOME OPTIONS MAY NOT BE AVAILABLE AT CERTAIN TIMES OF THE YEAR.[br][br]Best wishes,[br][br]Anita

Hi All,[br][br]See the 2008 lists above for guidance puropses only - just posting this message to pull the thread up to the top. As promised, will let you know as soon as the 2009 lists are ready: aiming to get them up on the site by the end of this weeek.[br][br]Best wishes,[br][br]Anita

Hi Admin[br]Sorry to bug you but just wondering if optional extras are far away?[br]Thanks[br]Casey

No worries. Some of our suppliers still have not confirmed the 2009 optional prices but we are chasing everybody up. I will put up last year’s list for your reference first thing tomorrow, there should not be any huge changes. I am sorry for the wait![br][br]Best wishes,[br][br]Anita