ONLINE TRAVEL JOURNAL

I was wondering if anyone could give me some suggestions of a site I can set up my own webpage with?[br]I want to be able to upload photos and blogs, and comminicate with my family[br]I joined freewebs.com and it’s absolutely fantastic, but to leave me messages people have to be a member of the site with their own webpage[br]This is no good because I only wish to communicate with my family and friends back home, who obviously don’t have their own webpage[br][br]Does anyone know of a site that you can communicate on without having to be a member? If not, does anyone know of a site that you can join, but don’t have to create a webpage?[br][br]I’m not sure if one exists, I’m thinking facebook is my best go…[br]

I was wondering if anyone could give me some suggestions of a site I can set up my own webpage with?[br]I want to be able to upload photos and blogs, and comminicate with my family[br]I joined freewebs.com and it’s absolutely fantastic, but to leave me messages people have to be a member of the site with their own webpage[br]This is no good because I only wish to communicate with my family and friends back home, who obviously don’t have their own webpage[br][br]Does anyone know of a site that you can communicate on without having to be a member? If not, does anyone know of a site that you can join, but don’t have to create a webpage?[br][br]I’m not sure if one exists, I’m thinking facebook is my best go…[br]

roxer.com is intended to be a web site host for people who don’t know much about making a web site. You get your own space (once you register,) and then you can go right to [yourname].roxer.com, and if you are logged in, you can edit the page right there.[br][br]You can upload images right from the page (As well as link to you-tube videos.) It is all very easy to use, but also very simplistic. If you just want it for sharing adventures with family members, this might be right for you.

hey ellen_maree mine is through freewebs, and u can change the settings to allow anyone to sign ur guestbook - i did :slight_smile: if u want to have a look, this is my site:[br][br]http://www.freewebs.com/leeanas-travel[br][br]Leeana[br]Canberra, Australia[br]Spirit of Europe 16 Sept 08[br]+ London Stopover[br]+ Edinburgh Minibreak

This is the support page I used to change it - if that helps :)[br][br]http://support.freewebs.com/ics/support/default.asp?deptID=5442[br][br]Leeana[br]Canberra, Australia[br]Spirit of Europe 16 Sept 08[br]+ London Stopover[br]+ Edinburgh Minibreak

Thanks Leeana[br]But I can’t figure out where on the page to change it exactly? Do you remember?[br]Ta

Thanks Leeana[br]But I can’t figure out where on the page to change it exactly? Do you remember?[br]Ta

this is what i have found:[br][br][quote]Guestbook Permissions[br]Your Guestbook may be set so that everyone can leave messages or you may limit it to other Freewebs members or members of your My Webs groups. This is useful if you want to make sure no one abuses your guestbook or leaves inappropriate messages on your site.[br][br]In the Site Manager under Build & Edit click Manage Site Comments [br]Click Edit Guestbook Comments [br]Under Guestbook Preferences change who can sign your Guestbook [br]- Everyone [br]- Freewebs Members - only visitors who are members of the Freewebs Community. [br]- Group: - only Freewebs Members who are part of your My Webs groups. [br]Check the option to Display users’ IP addresses with their comments[br]For your visitor’s safety, only the first 3 octets of the IP Address will be displayed. The last octet is represented with an X (for example 127.0.0.x). [br]Click Save to apply your changes[/quote][br][br]My silly internet wont let me double check (its got issues right now :frowning: ) but there is a picture of what u need to look for here: http://support.freewebs.com/FileManagement/Download/e3a87adac55a442d96c80e21e1dc4883[br][br]Leeana[br]Canberra, Australia[br]Spirit of Europe 16 Sept 08[br]+ London Stopover[br]+ Edinburgh Minibreak

Thanks!!![br]All done… However mine is no where near as detailed or descriptive as yours!!

Thanks!!![br]All done… However mine is no where near as detailed or descriptive as yours!!

lol mine has been built since about november last year lol so plenty of time…[br][br]plus when i was researching different things it helped me to keep them in order :)[br][br]whats ur web address… would llove to check it out :slight_smile: (if u dont mind of course :))[br][br]Leeana[br]Canberra, Australia[br]Spirit of Europe 16 Sept 08[br]+ London Stopover[br]+ Edinburgh Minibreak

Hi there,[br][br]My cousin starting using this fantastic site called bugbitten.com when she was travelling round europe and now ive signed up for it aswell. your friends and family dont have to be a member to leave comments and it has a great big map where you can plot all ur visited and future destinations. the site also provides special offers and deals, and lets you view hundreds of recommendations and reviews from other travel bloggers. only catch is that in order to upload fotos you have to write a review/recommendation of a city one a month.[br][br]oh and it also links up with ur facebook/myspace account.[br][br]check it out.[br][br][br]Yas xxx

is facebook to obvious???