Oktoberfest sleeping bags?

Hello,

I am on the Steinmeister tour departing London on Sept 15th and to be honest I have no idea how I am bringing along a sleeping bag. What is the best thing to do? Bring a backpack, or shove one into a suitcase? I will be traveling before the tour and will not need the sleeping bag so I also thought about purchasing one once I’m in London? Hopefully someone has some advise or can tell me what they plan on doing. Thanks!

Hey!

Take a look at the pre-departure info for advice. Have a look on our facebook pages too…

Topdeck Team

Hi there,

It’s important to keep in mind that, whilst it may be warm during the day in the sunshine at Oktoberfest, at night in Munich gets very cold, and we recommend that you bring warm clothes to wear once the sun goes down of an evening as well as a warm sleeping bag. The temperature can drop quite suddenly overnight, and without a warm sleeping bag you’ll not get very much sleep, no matter how many beers you’ve had!

If you do get super cold at night, the campsite supermarket does sell small blankets to help you layer up as well.

Cheers,

Amelia Lawrence
Festivals, Events and Ski Manager
Topdeck Travel