NZ equivalent to 28 degrees card (ie no fees)?

Hi
I was just wondering if anyone knew the best way to take NZ money to Europe without incurring currency conversion fees? I see from previous posts that in Australia you can get the 28 degrees card for no cost! Is there an NZ equivalent? Otherwise, most travel cards seem to add an exta 1% to all purchases plus ATM withdrawal fees!

What about an American equivalent?

[quote=23638]Hi
I was just wondering if anyone knew the best way to take NZ money to Europe without incurring currency conversion fees? I see from previous posts that in Australia you can get the 28 degrees card for no cost! Is there an NZ equivalent? Otherwise, most travel cards seem to add an exta 1% to all purchases plus ATM withdrawal fees!

Heya

Look into this: http://www.mytravelcard.co.nz/Default.htm

We used it in the USA last year and will be getting one with euros and one with pound when we head over this year. It’s run by the National Bank but you don’t have to be a customer. There is a reload fee so make sure you put everything you need on it initially and €2.00 atm cash withdrawal fee. The idea is though you use it like a normal atm/credit card you have in NZ. There is no charge except for the ones I just mentioned plus a few others. Have a look though. I found it better than the Travelex Cash Passport fee wise.

Cheers,

Scott