Museum Fees

I am going on the Bravo Italia tour departing 26 May and I had a couple questions about museum entrances. I’ve read in tour books and also online that it’s best to buy tickets to museums like the Uffizi Gallery and the Academy before you go so you don’t waste all your time waiting in lines. On the itinerary it says the Uffizi gallery is a place we visit…does this mean I don’t have to worry about getting tickets myself? Also, does anyone recommend any good websites to buy tickets at? I’ve found a couple that offer them, but they seem a bit shady as the price of tickets is nearly twice that of normal admission!

4 years ago when i backpacked around europe for a year. some places have prices for under 20, and if you are 22-23 just fake your 19 by saying the number 19 in that language. also if the counter person thinks you have an english accent, you may get away with getting admitted as a european citizen.[br][br]Live every day to the fullest as if it is your last

yes, you do have to buy the tickets for yourself. museum costs are not included in price of the tour. the reason is that[br]not eveyone on the tour is interested in museums, so those that wish to[br]visit museums may do so during their free time. i think when they suggest bringing 50 euros for each day, the estimated cost of the museums are included.

[quote]Originally posted by drummagirl118[br]
yes, you do have to buy the tickets for yourself. museum costs are not included in price of the tour. the reason is that[br]not eveyone on the tour is interested in museums, so those that wish to[br]visit museums may do so during their free time. i think when they suggest bringing 50 euros for each day, the estimated cost of the museums are included.[br][/quote]

Just wondering if museums etc accept credit cards or whether you have to pay cash?

they usually take both cards and cash[br][br]Live every day to the fullest as if it is your last

Hi! Hope you get this in time!![br][br]YES that’s definitely a good idea - we were standing in the line wondering why no-one had mentioned we could buy tickets beforehand! The line for the Uffizi can be up to 2hrs long! About the same for the Academia. The Academia was about 8 euro and the Uffizi about 10 euro. They were about the longest queues we had in Italy - but you’ll just have to deal with the Sistine Chapel - we were like a herd of cattle going through there!! But everything is definitely worth it :slight_smile: Don’t know what websites you can look at but hopefully the museums’ websites would have links? Also I don’t know, but if you can pre book the Colossuem I’d recommend it too - lines are long there also. But don’t forget if you’re going solo but planning to go with someone else you’ll need to get more tickets otherwise you’ll be waiting in line anyhow for your new friends’ tickets![br][br]Good luck![br][br]xx[br][br]