Moulin Rouge?

Hi,[br][br]Just wondering if anyone is planning on going to see/or has seen Moulin Rouge show whilst in tour in Paris, rather then the “optional extra” that Topdeck offer - River Seine Cruise or the caberet show ‘Paradis Latin’?[br][br][br]Cheers

Yes,[br][br]I would like to go to th Moulin Rouge, rather than Paradis Latin.[br][br]When I called top deck about it, they said its whatever is available on the night.???[br][br]I know it costs more than Paradis, but its the MOULIN ROUGE!!!.[br][br]I know that if Im given the option I will choose the Moulin Rouge.[br][br]Spirit of Europe 23rd June 2009

According to our travel agent it can be organised to go to rather then the Paradis Latin, but I dont know if that means its still organised through Topdeck or if you have to book it yourself/through travel agent and then make your own way to Moulin Rouge from the Paris Gourmet picnic and then get taxi back to hotel or if topdeck organise it the bus takes you and takes you back to hotel after??[br][br]We are in 2 minds whether to go or not and if it is worth the extra money. But it is the Moulin Rouge :slight_smile:

Hey,[br][br]I think it depends on whether the show has seats. I was in Paris July 08 and there was only one show (11pm Sat night) that was available all week for 3 of us. It is definitely worth it though!! I think our seats were about 80E and we got a couple of bottles of champagne with that.[br][br]:wink: if you obey all the rules you miss all the fun[br][br]* Pamplona 6 Day Fiesta 2009[br]* Athens to London July 13 2009

Hi, I am glad someone brought this up. I only just saw the Paradis Latin on the itinerary and was worried as I would much rather see the Moulin Rouge! Here’s to hoping there is some availability on the night.[br][br]:)[br][br]Kelly[br]European Odyssey, 4th July 2009

Hi, I am glad someone brought this up. I only just saw the Paradis Latin on the itinerary and was worried as I would much rather see the Moulin Rouge! Here’s to hoping there is some availability on the night.[br][br]:)[br][br]Kelly[br]European Odyssey, 4th July 2009

I’ve been told from an experienced traveller friend to definately go to the Moulin Rouge if it’s possible when in France. She said it is well worth it.[br][br]Amanda[br][br]Eastern Spirit 12th August 2009[br]&[br]Roman Chariot 15th September 2009

I have heard you should book before you go, otherwise you may miss out. Apparently it can be really busy especially in Summer. You can book online directly with Moulin Rouge. Topdeck advised me that they only organise the option extra show and to book early.[br][br]Enjoy your trip.[br][br][br]Spirit of Europe Aug 18 2009

Thanks for the info! I think I will definately try booking before I go just in case.[br][br]Enjoy your travels,[br][br]Kelly,[br]Sydney[br][br]European Odyssey 4 July 09 >

Thanks for the info! I think I will definately try booking before I go just in case.[br][br]Enjoy your travels,[br][br]Kelly,[br]Sydney[br][br]European Odyssey 4 July 09 >

Yep thats right you need to book before hand. So ive booked Moulin Rouge for the 2nd night we are in Paris after the gourmet picnic starting at 8.15pm. [br][br]There is a tour you can book that includes River Seine Cruise, Moulin Rouge & half bottle of champagne.[br][br]It can be booked direct through moulin rouge or you can get your travel agent to organise it.

Hi[br][br]Just an update with this the seine cruise/moulin rouge departs from the Cityrama office in Paris (so we will make our way there after the topdeck paris gourmet picnic) and a coach then takes u to the river seine cruise, then after that it takes u to the moulin rouge show, then once moulin rouge is over the coach can drop you closer in town near central hotels or u can get a taxi back to your accomodation.[br][br]Definatly book in advance if you want to see Moulin Rouge or you will miss out cos it books out early.[br][br]If anyones interested in tagging along with us we are going on August 21st [br][br]Cheers :slight_smile:

Hey Relle, we might be interested I think! Who do you book it through?[br][br]Europe 10/08/2009 - 28/10/2009[br]European Emperor 20/08/2009[br]Bravo Italia 30/08/2009[br]

Hey Kimmykak,[br][br]Great! Well our travel agent booked it for us, I will check with him on monday and let you know. Im sure it can prob be booked direct through the company the does the tour or I can get our travel agent to book 2 extra spots for you also if you like.[br][br]He has all the ticketing information for it and vouchers for us to present at the departure point. So Ill find out on monday from him how to go about it for you :)[br][br]Getting soooo excited about the trip! [br][br]I got a list of the hotels we are staying at too the other day for European Emperer - not sure if youve got it yet but if you like I can forward it to you?

Great! Let me know and if we can do it through your agent that would be good. Awesome! Do you remember how much the tour is? Husband is asking :stuck_out_tongue: We’re definitely in though, we were going to go on the 19th cos we will have a night in Paris before the tour gets there, but it would be good to go as a group. Should be fun![br]Yeah, we’re getting excited too but we’ve just bought new house and we’re moving in 2 weeks so that’s distracting us a bit - but not too much obviously! :-[ [br]We got our itinerary the other day too, checked out the hotels on Trip Advisor etc. and they all seem ok so that’s a relief! [br]Can’t wait til we’re in the new house and I can focus on Europe 100%!! S’pose I better get back to packing now though…;D[br][br]Europe 10/08/2009 - 28/10/2009[br]European Emperor 20/08/2009[br]Bravo Italia 30/08/2009[br]

Congratulations on your new house!! Its all happening for you this year - 30th birthday, europe, new house :slight_smile: Exciting stuff! Ahh the packing and boxes thats not the fun bit [br][br]Its $212 australian each - so pretty expensive but that is for the moulin rouge show, river seine cruise, champagne and coach transport. We would just need to get a taxi back to our hotel after - which split between us would be bugger all i would think. Would be fun going as a group![br][br]Yeah ive been checking out the hotels on trip advisor - some look a bit better then others. 1 in particular freaked me out a bit so i went and bought silk sleep sacks cos there was a review about bed bugs, but im probably over reacting though :-[. The Barcelona one looks good!![br][br]Getting very excited - but we will miss our pets!![br][br]

Thanks for the congrats - it is exciting! ;D[br][br]Ok, cool! book us in! I’ll send you an email with my details and get him to contact us to organise. Thanks heaps, will be fun![br][br]Yeah, I think I might invest in one of those sleep sacks just in case too! :)[br][br]We’re gonna miss our pets too. VERY sad about leaving them, it’s going to be very tough. We’re getting housesitters for our zoo, what are you doing with yours?[br][br][br]Europe 10/08/2009 - 28/10/2009[br]European Emperor 20/08/2009[br]Bravo Italia 30/08/2009[br]

Great - ill speak to the travel agent monday and get it all organised. Whats your email address? If you want to send me one our home one is tonyrelle@adam.com.au[br][br]We are also getting housesitters!! Its our first time getting housesitters so i hope we have made the right decision, but we have met the couple are they are lovely and trustworthy. So they are going to take care of our house and our cat and dog. I couldnt have put them in boarding for that long, it would have been horrible for them. I will miss them so much - they are like our children :)[br][br]Enjoy the rest of your weekend. Perfect packing weather with all the rain going on outside :)[br][br]