Money money money

hello fellow topdeckers[br][br]i am wondering how much money/euros you need inititally when you start the tour.[br][br]do you have to pay the optional excursions upfront when u start?[br][br][br][br][br]thanks[br]

Hi Cloudy,[br][br]You will find your tour leader will come around on the bus the day before or on the day of an optional excursion and ask whether you would like to do it and collect the money then…Not all at the start.[br][br]I would say you need about 60-70 euro per day to enjoy yourself!:slight_smile:

Yeah don’t worry about not having any cash on you. Just as long as you have the money before the actual optional excursion is fine. You have plenty of time to go to an ATM, etc. LukeandAli are exactly right.

What about for Egypt - anyone have any suggestions for how much money to take?[br]I am getting a Cash Passport Card - how much would be suitable to put on it?[br]Thanks[br]Chelle

hey chelle [br][br]check out the lonely planet website for egypt http://www.lonelyplanet.com/worldguide/egypt/money-and-costs and it gives you a rough idea of how much you will need to take.[br][br]then go to www.xe.com to get a rough idea of how much it is in AUD or USD or whatever currency you need to compare it to :)[br][br]Leeana[br]Canberra, Australia[br]Spirit of Europe 16 Sept 08[br]+ London Stopover[br]+ Edinburgh Minibreak

Hey Chelle,[br]I went to Egypt with Topdeck 2 yrs ago so i can tell you that if you are converting AUD to Egyptian pound the exchange rate is awesome.[br] [br]At the moment for every $1 you get around 5 Egyptian pounds. Most of everything is pretty cheap over there too so even if you have a little amount it will still get you a long way. [br]Make sure you haggle your prices down if you go shopping…they will always try and get more than it’s really worth :)[br]I took around $4000 AUD and it was more than enough and i was there for 25 days or so and i came back with money haha!![br][br]J.