Money belts

Hey everyone, I was wondering what to do in relation to money belts? Is there any way they can be worn without being too obvious??? :)[br][br]laurenmarie90

i have one that goes across my chest and sits under my arm :slight_smile: i think this will be the best one for me :)[br][br]Leeana[br]Canberra, Australia[br]Spirit of Europe 16 Sept 08[br]+ London Stopover[br]+ Edinburgh Minibreak

We took a money belt with a huge fear of being robbed and having our things stolen. We didn’t even use it once![br]We found it inconvenient and thieves are so talented they are more likely to get people who go over the top rather than just being smart. I could notice money belts on other people when they were wearing them.[br]When walking around we took day packs that had 2 pockets inside and anything of value we put in the pocket closest to our backs in case the bottom of the bag was torn with a knife (It wouldn’t fall out when it’s in the smaller pocket). In areas high of crime (Paris, Rome etc) we put a combination lock on our back packs and left 10euro or so (whatever we were willing to loose) in our pocket in case we wanted to buy drinks etc and so we didn’t have to go into our bags as much. [br]We always put on our door that we didn’t want room service and this decreased the chance of things going out of our room.

take a bit of cash on you and your credit cards secure elsewhere(out of your wallet) - I have travelled through US/Canada/NZ with this approach with now probs[br][br]Money belts / necklaces get sweaty and horrible and after awhile they are more visible than your wallet in yout pocket

Hi there,[br][br]I went on a tour back in April and found the same thing - theres no need for a money belt! I didnt take one with me but others from the tour did and noone used them.[br]Most people just took small backpacks/daypacks with locks on them and had no worries.

I had a money belt when I went to Thailand last year… it was okay to carry around but did get a bit sweaty in the heat! Main thing that I found was that it was obvious under even baggier tops… i think individual choice… worth buying and seeing how you go if you can afford it![br][br]Chell[br]Spirit of Europe[br]14th October 2008