Mega European June 22

Hello Everyone! [br][br]I am booked on the Mega European departing on June 22, its not a guaranteed departure but hopefully there will be lots of ppl on tour. [br]I am very excited about this trip, so if u r doing this tour too, please reply to this thread![br][br]Thanks[br][br][br]

Hey Everyone[br][br]I have been reading the contiki forums as well as they also provide a wealth of information and I came across this travelogue written by a Canadian, Dave, who has done the contiki Ultimate European- which is pretty close to the Mega European. It gives a really good idea of what one can expect and it got me even more excited about my upcoming trip. Therefore I would reccomend everyone check it out- though it is very long so will take a long time to read![br][br]Thanks![br][br]http://www.davechallenger.com/

Hey All,[br][br]What’s even better: you can read a shorter, much more concise version with highlights and tips OF THE ACTUAL TOPDECK MEGA EUROPEAN TRIP on the following blog:[br][br][br]
http://www.bugbitten.com/guides/packaged_tours/Topdeck/Mega_European/263.html
[br][br]Cheers

[br][br]Hey Everyone[br][br]I have been regularly checking my trip details and it has just been changed to a guaranteed departure- Yay! So that must mean that more people have signed up to do it! Hopefully they will make themselves known on this forum.[br][br]Odette[br][br]Mega European June 22nd

Hello Again.[br][br]Well I have now paid in full so its all confirmed! [br][br]I think that the Mega European June 22- Aug 7 is the same as the London to Istanbul that departs on June 22 ending on July 20, and the Istanbul to London that starts on July 20 ending on August 7. Does anyone know if this is correct and that the bus is shared by both tours at the same time? Also if you are doing these tours let me know as it would be great to make contact b4 we go.[br][br]Thanks heaps[br][br]Odette[br][br]Mega European June 22nd

Hi Oddette[br][br]Yes, the trips are on the same bus as the Mega European. People get off and get on the bus in Istanbul, as well as Athens and Rome. This keeps the travelling fresh with new people joined it. The Mega European is a fantastic trip. I did it a few years ago and loved it.[br]You’ll have so much fun.[br]Marie

Hi guys,[br][br]I’m doing the london to rome tour which is part of the mega european tour starting june 22nd. Would love to get to know my friendly fellow travelers as this is my 1st solo trip to europe! Extremely excited!!;D Anyone else doing the same tour?

Hi Veena[br][br]YAY!!! I am so excited to finally get to know of someone else that is doing the same tour! Are you travelling before and after? Where abouts in Australia are you from?[br][br]I live in Perth and will arrive in London and at the Globetrotters the night before. I can hardly wait for our tour, its getting closer but I have been looking forward to it for months. Have you done much travelling before?[br][br]I am so glad that you have posted in here![br][br]Odette[br][br]Mega European June 22nd

Hi Odette![br][br]I’m from lil old Adelaide. I’m flying in 2 days before but staying with relatives in London, then traveling solo on the tour and staying another day in Italy on my own before flying back to London. How bout u? I traveled to India before but met up with friends. So this is my 1st actual trip alone. Have u done much traveling? Its great to get to know someone who’ll be doin the same tour as me! This is gonna be awesome!!

Hey![br][br]Yes I have done a fair bit of travelling, this will be my 3rd trip to Europe. I am going to Washington DC to study for a semester after the tour so am going to be away for a while. Are you staying in London for long after the tour? Its handy that you have relatives there. 81 days til I leave! Yay!![br][br]Odette[br][br]Mega European June 22nd

Hi again, [br][br]Nope, not staying long after the tour, just another 2days cuz I have to be back in Adelaide for uni. 81 days!! A quick question…are u taking a backpack or a luggage bag or one of those trolley bags? I have no idea what sorta bag to take. And what sort of sleeping bag would I need? Thanks heaps! [br][br]Veena

I am actually travelling with both. The suitcase will have everything I need for studying in America but not need on the tour and I will either store it with friends in London or at the Globetrotters hostel. [br]I am using a Blackwolf Cedar Breaks 75 ltr backpack. I bought it from Anaconda- they were quite expensive and BCF were much cheaper, so I took in a written quote from Anaconda and they beat it my 10% and in the end I saved $80 off the Anaconda price! [br]There are soooo many steps and stairs in Europe and so many places do not have lifts or ramps and it is necessary to carry your bag. Also the cobblestones and uneven roads and footpaths make it a hassle to pull a suitcase and can damage the wheels so that they dont work. So I would recommend a backpack but in the end you should just choose what you are most comfortable with.[br][br]Odette[br][br]Mega European June 22nd

Thanks heaps for that! It really helps! :slight_smile:

YAY!!! 64 days 'til the tour!!! 62 days 'til I leave! Its slowly getting closer!![br][br]Odette[br][br]Mega European June 22nd

36 days 'til the tour!! YAY! Is anyone else coming that is reading these forums??? I am very excited & looking forward to it being summer again![br][br]Odette[br][br]Mega European June 22nd

Hi Odette,[br][br]Its getting closer! I’m so excited. There should be heaps of people on this tour right. I’m doing the London to Rome but haven’t found anyone else doing the same tour. Have u done the eurocamp before?

Hello[br][br]I would imagine the tour is full or close to it. My travel agent said many tours for summer are already full. I am a little puzzled as to why no one else from our tour has looked at these forums or the facebook group, but I am sure they will all be there in London![br][br]I did an 8 day Topdeck camping tour to oktoberfest in 2004. It was sooooo much fun. I am not a camping person but I hardly spent any time in the tent as was too busy. It was well organised and I made some great friends that I still keep in contact with.[br][br]I am so excited and cannot wait to begin the tour! How about you? Are you excited or nervous? Are you going to stay at the Globetrotters the night before the tour or just make your way there in the morning?[br][br]Luv Odette [br][br]Odette[br][br]Mega European June 22nd

You know I was tossing up between this one and the one departing on the 6th of July.[br]I chose the 6th of July - sorry LOL[br]Simply because I worked out that if I was on this one I would be in Romania for my 21st birthday, but I would be cruising the greek islands if I did the 6th of July.[br][br]:smiley: All the best and have a wonderful trip.[br][br]Kirilee[br]Mega European[br](6th of July - 21st of August, 2008)

Hi Odette![br][br]I’m more excited than nervous. I hope to meet some nice, friendly people on the tour (like u of course…:))[br][br]I was gonna stay at my aunt’s place but I think the smarter thing to do would be to stay the night at Globetrotter. There’s a facebook group? I should check it out. What’s it called?[br][br]P.S: Thanks Kirilee but you missed out on meeting 2 lovely people now. Haha.

Hey Everyone!!![br][br]My fiancee and i are booked on the Mega European trip for the 22nd June. We are currently in the UK working and traveling but this will be our first main trip since arriving. We are really looking forward to it - going to stay at globetrotter for a night before and after trip and we are also heading off to Egypt for another 11 days a week later![br][br]I can’t wait to get going - it will be my birthday while we in Istanbul and everyone says that it’s an awesome city![br][br]Anyway, see you all soon![br][br]Dan