Mega European July 6 2008

I have booked myself a spot on this tour and am very excited… who else is coming for the long haul?[br][br]Danielle;D

So is anyone in??? Cause when I last put a post on here for a tour no one replied and that group turned out to be a bit of a let down, to say the least…[br]Reassure me please[br][br]Danielle :-[

just want to keep this topic at the top and open to all…

Hi Dani[br][br]I am goinng on the tour that leave two weeks before yours. I was considering the July tour because it is guaranteed departure but I need to be in Washington on the day it finishes so will have to stick with the earlier tour. [br][br]Hopefully others will come on the forum and make themselves known, but the last time I did a tour it was full and all the people were brilliant fun![br][br]Happy Planning!

Hey thanks O K![br]I’m sure there will be other on my tour soon enough. Good luck on your tour and pass on any tips if you have any![br]Cheers[br]Danielle ;D

Still excited even though I haven’t found anyone else from my trip yet.[br]:sunglasses:

I’m still haning in there ;)[br][br]Danielle[br]Aussie living in Uk[br]Mega European July 6.

come on people!!!:([br][br]Danielle[br]Aussie living in Uk[br]Mega European July 6.

Hey Danielle! YAH! I found another! I was going to make a post and then I found this one…[br][br]Anywho! I am going on the Mega European departing on the 6th of July, 2008 also! I am SO pumped hey! Been counting down the days since the 31st of Decemeber, when I book![br]I arrive in London of the 2nd of July from Perth in Western Australia (and via Brunei).[br]I’m then staying in the globetrotter until we leave![br][br]I’m so excited… I can’t wait for the adventure to start! kicks the 94 day count down until she gets on the plane[br][br]So Danielle, are you from the UK originally?[br][br]I’m counting down the days… are you?

Hey Kirilee![br]Yay finally someone else on this tour! I am extremely excited, so much so I could burst! I am from Geelong in Victoria and and have been living in the Uk for nearly 2 years and this trip will my last as I am heading home for good, which is exciting. I stop off in the US for 2 weeks after this trip. [br]I will be staying at my house in London until the trip starts. If you are travelling solo and need anything when you get here, i can help if you like.[br]So excited to finally see someone else form the trip![br]Have you travelled in europe before???[br]Keep in touch[br]Danielle[br][br]Danielle[br]Aussie living in Uk[br]Mega European July 6.

Wow! So you are finishing and I’m just starting! I bet you’ve seen a whole lot of Europe, UK and Ireland… I am rather jealous![br][br]No, this is going to be my first time in Europe, in fact it will be the first time I am travelling by myself. I’m planning on staying after to work and travel some more.[br][br]How did you manage to get a house in London? O.o? Are you house sharing?[br][br]I have so many questions LOL[br][br]Talk to you soon[br]Kirilee[br][br]I’m counting down the days… are you?

Hey Danielle![br](Sorry for the double post but I’m really excited to have met someone on the same trip, and someone who can tell me a bit about living, working and travelling!)[br]Can I possibly ask what kind of work you did in London? - I’m looking at doing some office work, hopefully PA work.[br]Also, how difficult is it getting your NI number?[br]And be warned, I may take you up on your help as I don’t really know anyone in London - and compared to Perth, apparently, just what I read that is, it is a tiny bit bigger ;D LOL[br][br]Anyway, onto more exciting topics, what are you most excited to see on our trip? Anywhere in particular?[br][br]I’m counting down the days… are you?

Hey Kiralee![br]I am happy to answer your questions cause I know its scary and I didn’t have anyone to ask questions when I first got here, so I understand the anticipation![br][br]I have seen a **** load of Europe and I managed to see about 15 countries last year, some of the places we are going to on our trip I have been to before, but there are things I want to do that I didn’t have time for last time and we are going to different parts of countries I have not seen before, like Krakow in Poland, I did Warsaw last year.[br][br]I am a primary school teacher and thats what I have done the whole time I have been here, you get great holidays and its good money. london living is expensive! I found my house through a friend, I live in central London in a different sort of accomodation, its a lot like uni housing, there are 4 floors and 10-12 people on each floor, all floors have 2 bathrooms, lounge and kitchen. You are more than welcome to come look at it when you get here and there are always rooms going. I have met great people living in my building because the tenants change all the time (minimum stay is 3 months) One of the great things in my living situation is everything in included in my rent, not sure if anyone told you but on top of your rent and bills you have council tax and tv license once a month, its all included in my rent here, and we have a cleaner once a week, which is a god send!!![br]Most of my mates live in houses in the suburbs with about 4-6 people. Popular places for aussies to live here are called Putney, Fulham, Shepard’s Bush and Clapham. All are cool, but you can get stuck out there only partying at the Aussie pubs. The best way to find accomodation is on gumtree or the TNT magazine website. Have you heard of TNT magazine? It will be your weekly (comes out every MOnday) bible… Its a mag thats produced for aussie’s, kiwi’s and safa’s and it has all the news from home, travel hints and tip and deals, plus job vacancies and housing, it also tells you how to get you NI number. Which I have not done and when I did my tax last year they gave me a temporary one and I still use that, seeing that I leave London in 3 months I am not going to get a permanent one, it can take 3 months to get it, pain in the bum![br][br]I would advise you to sign with an agency of some sort before you come over so you have all your paperwork sorted and it won’t be such a hassle when you get here.Do you know of any? If not I can give you a few names, you can usually do everything they need online.[br][br]Ok back to the trip… I am really looking forward to Greece (haven’t been there before) plus Spain and Amsterdam. So far in my travels my top countries would be Croatia, Russia, Egypt and Italy is sensational! I just went there last weekend.[br][br]You will get a bit of a shock coming from Perth but you adjust pretty quickly cause there is so much to do and see and you are busy all the time! I am worried about coming home and being bored in Geelong, not much excitement there these days compared to London. I’m not quite counting down the days yet, got 2 other trips before then and as I said London is a busy lifestyle. Not to say I am not very excited about the trip though![br][br]Ok thats enough for today I think, don’t want to overload you too soon![br]Here is my email dan12877@yahoo.com[br]Its the best way to contact me cause I can’t look at this website at work. Plus if you are on facebook, look me up and you can check out some of my travels pics if you like.[br]Have a great week talk soon[br][br]Danielle;D[br][br][br][br][br]Danielle[br]Aussie living in Uk[br]Mega European July 6.

oh I have msn too but different email address[br][br]danielleharrison@live.co.uk[br][br]Danielle[br]Aussie living in Uk[br]Mega European July 6.

so there are 2 of us so far…[br]anyone else?[br][br]Danielle[br]Aussie living in Uk[br]Mega European July 6.

Hey Danielle, we’ve got lots of leg room it looks like :)[br][br]If anyone wants to add me to msn: thinkinggal@hotmail.com[br]Send me an email: kirilee (at) aapt.net.au[br][br]Or search for Kirilee Lennerts on facebook (I live on there)[br][br]Danielle is awesome, can’t wait to chat to you again oh great and wise one :o)[br][br]Kirilee[br]Mega European[br](6th of July - 21st of August, 2008)

Thanks for the kind words Kirilee! [br] I hope i can live up to the expectations8-)[br]Speak to you soon![br]Danielle x[br][br]Danielle[br]Aussie living in Uk[br]Mega European July 6.

Well I received word today that my flight to London has not been “cancelled” as such, but rather, brunei has shuffled all their flights around. So now I have to go either a day earlier or a day later… considering I’ve already made accomidation, I’m going to take the day earlier - I do NOT want jetlag. :P[br][br]Still, I’m pumped! 78 days until we start our trip! WHOOT![br][br]Kirilee[br]Mega European[br](6th of July - 21st of August, 2008)

A day earlier will probably help you adjust quite a bit, I remember feeling jetlag for about 8 days after I landed, the key is not to sleep during the day, unfortunately for me I had no one about to stop me dozing off![br][br][br][br][br]Danielle[br]Aussie living in Uk[br]Mega European July 6.

I am convinced that other people travelling on this trip are doing short legs and not the full 47 days and that is why there is only 2 of us?![br][br]Danielle[br]Aussie living in Uk[br]Mega European July 6.