Luggage

hey MerDub, you know that you can get backpacks that arent top loaders?? Mine zips like a suitcase :)[br][br]also, the flight weight restritctions are the same - via asia max is 20kg and via USA its the 2 piece system :)[br][br]Leeana[br]Canberra, Australia[br]Spirit of Europe 16 Sept 08[br]+ London Stopover[br]+ Edinburgh Minibreak

Thanks - i guess i will have to read the fine print… [br][br]so not impressed by the luggage allowance >> where have the good old days gone where you could bring as much as like with you hehehe

Hi cruisey… Nah I barely paid anything at all: My parentals paid for most of it as a Chrissy present. It wasn’t that expensive anyway. Yeah, the damage issue was something to think about, but the person that sold it to me said they were fine. I was actually going to get another type that was more expensive and she told me not to cause they always come back from overseas ruined. Plus, the one I have actually has insurance for incidents where they are damaged by airlines… =)[br][br]The sleeping bag things is going to be such a pain!!! I’m doing an Egypt tour before Europe, so flying around everywhere with a bloody sleeping bag… urghhhhh…[br][br]Pharaoh’s Footsteps: Oct 18th, 2008.[br]Winter European Getaway: Nov 25th, 2008.

i dont know if anyone knows this, but u can get a strap thing that actually compresses your sleeping bag down so it doesnt take up as much room. for eg http://www.gogogear.com.au/shopexd.asp?id=2328 u just pull the straps down and it pushes all the air out and makes it pack smaller :)[br][br]I have also seen them in Kathmandu :-[[br][br]Leeana[br]Canberra, Australia[br]Spirit of Europe 16 Sept 08[br]+ London Stopover[br]+ Edinburgh Minibreak

All’s good then Allison.:)[br]I actually talked a girl who was doing a contiki tour out of buying one for the reason of damage. She wanted the whole set as well of bits n pieces.[br]The other thing is if it’s something fancy, it’s also more prone to getting stolen or broken into. People think you have money to spend or are well off.[br]Most insurance policies will include luggage damage or missing luggage etc and things like that anyway. I’m claiming my luggage that was damaged last time (i missed the small print on qantas’s complaints form)when i get back this time ;)shhh haha[br]I hear you on the sleeping bag issue as well. I have to carry one of those around as well :frowning:

argh the bloodly sleeping bag! i was thinking of getting my dad to bring it over to me cos i’m going to italy with mum, then meeting him in paris, THEN doing topdeck (so i get quality family time + their financial support + independence later on lol) but then i realised that i would have to then get rid of something else in my bag to fit the darn thing in!! its so frustrating! [br]my plan was to take a old dodgy one that packs down little (we do a fair bit of hiking and i dont see the point in taking an expensive one when we’ll be inside right?)[br]hmm so this post was really just me venting, i dont have anything positive to add![br]oh except happy anzac day aussies and kiwis! and carn the pies melburnians ;)[br]Sarah (only ONE SLEEP!!!)

Depending on your airline the most you can carry is a Maximum of 32kgs but each airline varies and usually cabin baggage up to 7kgs

Luggage is a very important part of our life.Most people has face to many problem about choosing luggage. That is a very big problem to any traveler choosing a perfect luggage. I create a blog about some luggage problem soled. Are you face any problem came to this site a found your luggage problem solution. My blog is there. BestLugage.com.I am very happy to share this information.

What about Kenya tours? Anyone has any idea?

Hey guys…
Looking for a trip? please visit us wheelzonrent