Luggage

HI There,
I am worried that because my bag is not a “SOFT” bag it may be a problem? My bag is a Hard case… But is under 20kg’s and slightly more in dimension.

Is this okay?

Hi there,

I found this in the pre departure information for you.

Baggage
We recommend soft bags, suitcases or frameless backpacks, plus a small day pack or carry bag. No external framed bags please, as they damage other bags on the coach. Please limit your luggage to a maximum of 20kg. Maximum allowable size for all backpacks must not exceed 70cm x 50cm x 25cm. Please note that due to space and weight restrictions on our coaches, passengers with too much luggage on
departure morning may be told that they cannot take their entire luggage with them. Luggage storage facilities are
usually available at the departure point, if they are not available you will have to make your own arrangements to have it
stored or shipped home. Any luggage left behind will be at your own risk and you will be required to pay any cost that is
incurred.

Hope this helps :slight_smile:

I also have a hard case suitcase, it’s well under the specified dimensions and weight. Is this considered a external framed bag?
It was given to me as a present and I really don’t want to fork out more cash for a new suitcase.

Hey, I was going to ask about luggage. I was thinking of taking a mega small suitcase as hand luggage - the ones they allow on the plane. Do you think that would be too big? I have tried talking to Topdeck to and to be honest they haven’t been very helpful.
I’m heading to Australia for 10 weeks and to start I’m doing the island Suntanner then in January I will be doing the southern cross :slight_smile:

Just had an email back from topdeck regarding hard case suitcases. They are fine to take on the tours

Just got some extra info about luggage. All bags are fine as long as they don’t go over 20 kgs ( for Europe tours)
Sp pack light so when you’re on your adventure you have more room for the souvenirs you pick up on the way. :slight_smile:

hey everyone

i have booked the grand eurpeanon i was wondering does the luggage have to be that size cause the one i am looking at is 75(H) x 45(W) x 27(D) cm its classed as soft luggage would that be okay?

Thanks Clairebear13

Hi Miranda,

The handluggage type case used in a plane, isn’t going to be very helpful on a bus, as the overhead bins won’t fit them in. Also, there may not be room under the seat. Generally, for handluggage, Top Deck is talking about a day pack that is used to carry stuff around. Hope this helps.