Luggage while on tour

Hi, me and my friends are going on the Eastern Europe tour (which connects to the Spirit of Europe tour). I did have a question I hope someone could help me with.[br][br]While on tour what happens to your luggage, is it kept on the coach at all times and we just take what we need when we go to the hostels etc out of the bag for that day and then put its back in the coach in the morning. I don’t want to leave my case in a hostel while we are out at night unless there’s somewhere to keep it safe.[br][br]Cheers,[br]Darren[br][br][br]Eastern Spirit 03/06/2009

good question i 2 would like to know the answer[br][br]- beer is the answer, but i forgot the question- [br][br]summer fun & sailing[br]May 15th 09

heya, [br]when on these tours, you take your luggage with you to your room. it is only on the bus when ur travelling. but you only share with your tour mates, so as long as you lock your suitcase before you go out, you’ll be right :)[br][br]Red Star Special: June 14th, 2009 and Espresso Italia: September 13th, 2009

Speaking of luggage…It says in the itinerary and pre-club departure information that we need a backpack… not luggage? Is it mandatory that we have a backpack? Or would a rolling duffle bag suffice? I’m staying in italy for a month before hand and it would suck to just have a backpack with me for that long. Thanks![br][br]Jaclyn[br]-Olympic Link[br]July 24 - Aug 13

Hey,[br][br]I was wondering about luggage on the camping trips… Do we just leave it in our tents when we are out and about?? I wouldn’t have thought this was very safe.[br][br]Are there any ways to keep our luggage safe while camping??[br][br]Thanks heaps![br][br]Lou[br][br]Mega European [br](May 2009)

Hey ya,[br]I haven’t travelled those ways yet, but was told that I should by a backpack with wheels. And so I did. :)[br]That may be the best option because you can wheel it around with you in most places, but when there are stairs you can whip out the straps and put it on your back. They are very handy! I can’t wait to use mine! I was shopping around for one and the best was the Osprey brand, either the Meridian or the Sourjoun. These come with a life time warranty too which is great! Apparently they’re the top selling packs in the US. They are about 80L…so hope thats enough space! :D[br]hope this helps![br][br]Lina :)[br]Summer fun + sailing[br]May 15th

[quote]when on these tours, you take your luggage with you to your room. it is only on the bus when ur travelling. but you only share with your tour mates, so as long as you lock your suitcase before you go out, you’ll be right :)[/quote][br][br]I hate to put a negative spin on everyone’s exciting holiday plans but rmb85 you said that coz we only share with our tourmates our luggage should be right… i was just wondering is that always the case, i mean we’re all travelling together but to start with we’re all strangers so can we really trust the other people in our room? i was wondering if anyone had any bad experinces with room mates with stuff going missing etc… like i said, don’t wanna be a downer but would just rather be prepared :)[br][br]Nicole[br]Grand European July 2009[br]+ Britain & Ireland September 2009[br]+ Greek Islands

im with u Nicole, im travelling with 2 friends that i definitely trust but im sure there will be places we stay where theres more of us in the room and though they’re "tour mates’ they’re still strangers and i dont know if i trust my stuff not to go missing.[br][br]Locking your suitcase is all very well but it wouldnt be hard for someone to just steal the whole bag out of your room while we’re off on an activity…and then just cut it open. how secure are the locks on the doors?

hi all![br]i dont have GREAT insight to this topic; however, i did the istanbul to london trip last year and it was camping. we all left our stuff in the tents during the day (not money or passports but our bags) and nothing went missing. i would say that your tourmates have the same interests as you and arent that interested in stealing stuff. [br]i know it is a legitimate worry tho but once you meet your group, you will quickly become friends and not strangers. [br]also, i have stayed at a million hostels (well almost that many!) and nothing has gone missing. lock whatever is important to you up in the lockboxes (ie: passports or money). a hostel worker once said to me, “nobody wants to steal your lucky t-shirt, just dont leave your visa card laying around”. [br]hope this helps![br]enjoy your tours everyone! :)[br][br][br][br]tam~[br]Istanbul - London 2008 [br]Red Star Special 2009