Luggage websites

Hi,[br][br]Am going on Dicover Europe 3 Sept 09 to 28 Sept 09.[br][br]Does anyone recomend any brands of luggage ie blackwolf,kathmandu etc?Am thinking of getting one of those backpacks with wheels.[br][br]Any other brands and websites you can suggest would be fantastic.Also any tips on packing as this will be my first trip to Europe.[br][br]Cheers[br]:p[br]Stu

Hi Uncle Stu :)[br][br]Im also going on a trip to Europe mid this year. I have purchased a Kathmandu backpack which has a sturdy back but with no wheels as im afraid off crossing the 20kg weight limit when getting back into NZ. [br][br]The aussie website is: http://www.kathmandu.com.au/[br][br]Hope this helps! [br]

Hey Stu,[br][br]I’m doing a camping tour in May 09, and after looking at a few options with bags I’ve decided to go with the Osprey Meridian series (available from Bivouac). This series of bags has both wheels and good pack straps so that it can be worn on your back pretty comfortably or wheeled along. They’re light weight too. I’m going with the 75L bag, which includes a 20L removable backpack on the front. [br][br]I’ve looked at the Kathmandu equivalent, and although they’re a lot cheaper they don’t seem to be as tough. It really depends what your after… [br][br]A lot of people have told me that having wheels is a good idea, because it means you can give your back a rest…[br][br]Hope that helps ;D[br][br]Lou[br][br]Mega European [br](May 2009)

WhatAPair[br][br]I’ll check it out.[br][br]Cheers[quote]Originally posted by WhatAPair[br]
Hi Uncle Stu :)[br][br]Im also going on a trip to Europe mid this year. I have purchased a Kathmandu backpack which has a sturdy back but with no wheels as im afraid off crossing the 20kg weight limit when getting back into NZ. [br][br]The aussie website is: http://www.kathmandu.com.au/[br][br]Hope this helps! [br][br][/quote]

Hey Lou,[br][br]Will check it out.Thanks[br][br]Stu[quote]Originally posted by Lou_NZ[br]
Hey Stu,[br][br]I’m doing a camping tour in May 09, and after looking at a few options with bags I’ve decided to go with the Osprey Meridian series (available from Bivouac). This series of bags has both wheels and good pack straps so that it can be worn on your back pretty comfortably or wheeled along. They’re light weight too. I’m going with the 75L bag, which includes a 20L removable backpack on the front. [br][br]I’ve looked at the Kathmandu equivalent, and although they’re a lot cheaper they don’t seem to be as tough. It really depends what your after… [br][br]A lot of people have told me that having wheels is a good idea, because it means you can give your back a rest…[br][br]Hope that helps ;D[br][br]Lou[br][br]Mega European [br](May 2009)[br][/quote]

Have you tried the pacsafe website?? They have all different size bags and also you have the added security to your stuff as well.[br][br]
www.pacsafe.com
[br][br][br]Nicole[br]Grand European July 2009[br]+ Britain & Ireland September 2009[br]+ Greek Islands

Hi Nicole,[br][br]Will look at this as well.[br][br]Can compare bags from other sites I have been given.[br][br]Thanks [br][br]Stu[quote]Originally posted by nicoletta0511[br]
Have you tried the pacsafe website?? They have all different size bags and also you have the added security to your stuff as well.[br][br]
www.pacsafe.com
[br][br][br]Nicole[br]Grand European July 2009[br]+ Britain & Ireland September 2009[br]+ Greek Islands[br][/quote]

UNCLESTU are you from Oz? I only ask coz when i went to the pacsafe site and found what i wanted i could then get directed to an australian website to buy it which meant paying in $AUS and also saving on delivery fees. I found the
www.gogogear.com.au
the best value out of all the listed sites. Good luck in the search! :)[br][br]Nicole[br]Grand European July 2009[br]+ Britain & Ireland September 2009[br]+ Greek Islands

Hi,[br][br]Am from OZ.[br][br]I have looked at gogogear site.They don’t have any large travel backpacks,only the day packs.They only have the SeaHawk suitcases.[br][br]Thanks for the info though.It has some other stuff I might be after.[br][br]Stu 8-)[quote]Originally posted by nicoletta0511[br]
UNCLESTU are you from Oz? I only ask coz when i went to the pacsafe site and found what i wanted i could then get directed to an australian website to buy it which meant paying in $AUS and also saving on delivery fees. I found the
www.gogogear.com.au
the best value out of all the listed sites. Good luck in the search! :)[br][br]Nicole[br]Grand European July 2009[br]+ Britain & Ireland September 2009[br]+ Greek Islands[br][/quote]

[quote]Am from OZ[/quote][br]Sorry UNCLESTU didn’t see that it says where we’re from under our names :-[[br][br]Apologies that the site didn’t wasn’t helpful with your bag search but hopefully it will provide useful to you in some other respect :)[br][br]Nicole[br]Grand European July 2009[br]+ Britain & Ireland September 2009[br]+ Greek Islands

Hey,[br][br]That’s cool.[br][br]Just finished buying some other stuff from gogogear.[br]Exciting though but don’t leave for holiday until 30/08/09.Hopefully the year goes fast till then.[br][br]Have a great day:p.[br][br][br][quote]Originally posted by nicoletta0511[br]

[quote]Exciting though but don’t leave for holiday until 30/08/09.Hopefully the year goes fast till then.[/quote][br][br]Tell me about it! my trip starts in july and i can’t wait! What tour are you on?[br][br]Nicole[br]Grand European July 2009[br]+ Britain & Ireland September 2009[br]+ Greek Islands

Hey,[br][br]Am going on the Discover Europe trip.[br]Will be there when Octoberfest is on,which will be a blast no doubt.[br][br]Stu[quote]Originally posted by nicoletta0511[br]

Octoberfest sounds like fun, i’ll be missing out on it this time around as i’m heading back to Oz mid-october.[br][br]Good luck with the bag hunt and happy travels![br][br]Nicole[br]Grand European July 2009[br]+ Britain & Ireland September 2009[br]+ Greek Islands