Long trip to UK - advice on work?


Hi. Next year I am planning on taking a break from work and going to live in the UK for a year. I’ll be moving around the country but ultimately continue returning to ‘temporary’ accommodation, not sure where yet (probably somewhere North, I continually see much cheaper rental prices there). I was wondering how taxation on earnings works in the UK. I have looked at sites like this UK tax tool but can’t find much on what I will do as I will only be there for a year - will I need to pay tax or not?

Thanks for your help :wink: