London

Hi,
Ill be staying at the Umi a few days before and after my tour in september. Besides the local site seeing bus, does anyone have any other day tours, site seeing companies they can recommend?
???

The jack the ripper tour is pretty awesome. Which tour are you doing in september

European Odyssey leaving sept 1st

[quote=34644]Hi,
Ill be staying at the Umi a few days before and after my tour in september. Besides the local site seeing bus, does anyone have any other day tours, site seeing companies they can recommend?
???[/quote]

When I was there two years ago we did a free walking tour on the first day we were there that was fantastic. It went for about 2.5 hours, the people that do it run off tips. At the end of it, the guy we had, had done such a great job we actually tipped him 10 pound each… then end up going to the pub a group for lunch… was a great day…

That was through http://www.newlondon-tours.com/

Thanks!

I took a look at that website looks awsome should I pre book or just book when i arrive london

Im waiting till i get to London!

The free walking tour is great! Did it a few years and ago, and will even do it again when I head back in a few weeks. Awesome tour guides :slight_smile:

Really would recommend getting out of London and seeing what is on offer, such as Windsor, Stonehenge, Bath etc. www.sightseeingtourslondon.co.uk
http://www.sightseeingtourslondon.co.uk
offers these trips but they also offer discounts from the suppliers so it saves you some money.

I would do the free walking tour it was awesome also the other two trips they do the old city and the grim repper you get so much more then just a talk about jack the ripper also climb the monument instead of going on the eye heaps cheaper better veiws only thing is you have to climb it 300 odd stairs lol

ive been told not to get on the hop on hop off bus.

I’m thinking about doing the hop on & off bus tour … Not a good idea?

Thanks everyone for the info…having fun checking out all the sites.

whats the negatives with the hop on off bus? I get this free for 2 days whilst I’m over there with a package i purchased.

[quote=35929]Thanks everyone for the info…having fun checking out all the sites.

whats the negatives with the hop on off bus? I get this free for 2 days whilst I’m over there with a package i purchased.
[/quote]

In all honesty these are great value, especially if you’ve already done a couple of days of walking, it’s a good way to get around… I didn’t do one in London last time (but am this time round), however did one in Barcelona and it was great value, we got to see all the major attractions in a matter of hours, a lot of the other travelers on our tour only got to see a handful doing in on foot…

If you have a free 2 day pass, use it!

Thanks

Hi I’ve been to London a few times and the hop on hop off busses are good, they take you to all the main sights so you can get off see that sight then get back on & see the next one plus while your on the bus you have a tour of the city & facts about it on some busses they have a person telling you things or sometimes it’s a recording :slight_smile: but I recommend it I’m going back in October & it’s on my list to do

I hope I helped :slight_smile: