London sight-seeing buddy!

I have a few days in London where I?m hoping to meet up with some other travellers who want to see some of the sights too. I tend to think that sharing the adventure with others will be a lot more enjoyable than traipsing around on my own! Does anyone know of a good website to use to find other travellers? [br]I?m available to see the sights of London 20 June ? 23 June, and am looking at travelling London ? Glasgow between approx 18 July and 21 July. [br]

I will be free around the same times as that and I am traveling by myself. If you have facebook add me bruin771@hotmail.com[br][br]Olympic Link[br]26th June - 16th July

I fly in on the night of the 20th and go on the European Pioneer tour on the 25th of June. Also traveling single.[br][br]Top Deck Tour: European Pioneer 25 June

Hey Chad + Bruin[br][br]Will you be staying at the generator on the 24th of june? Im flying in that night with my bro, maybe we could catch up for a drink and see who else wants to join us? [br][br]Adela[br][br]P.S Bruin I added you on facebook[br][br]Adela and Leszek (Sis and Bro)[br]Summer Fun and Sailing June 26th 2009

Hi, my name is Brian and I will be arriving in london the evening of June 20th staying til June 23rd. I will be traveling by myself and would be interested in meeting up for a drink.[br]I’m staying in the Bayswater section right across from the Queensway tube station.[br]Feel free to email me at brij75@yahoo.com[br][br]Brian[br]brij75@yahoo.com[br][br]Brian Josephson

Nice to hear from you guys. I will try to add you on Facebook later today, or else you are welcome to add me - Valerie Poole or v_poole@hotmail.com[br]I’m staying with a friend most of the time while in London but am at the Generator the night of the 24th. I have plans to see a gig that night but would be keen to meet anyone for a drink before/after that.

Hi Val,[br][br]Thats cool! I will add you to facebook today. Looking forward to meeting up and having that drink :)[br][br]p.s Anyone is free to join us - add me on facebook abyrski01@yahoo.co.nz if you like also.[br][br][br]Adela[br][br]Adela and Leszek (Sis and Bro)[br]Summer Fun and Sailing June 26th 2009

I’ll be around from July 17 before I leave for my tour on July 21 if anyone is around/keen to explore London with me…

Hey all![br][br]There is an awesome (and free apart from tips) walking tour that leaves from hyde park each day at 11am. I went on it before my tour and it was awesome - covers all the main sites and explains the stories behind them with cheary guides for the best part of 3 hours. It leaves from the Generator at 10am to get to hyde park but you can just meet there in the first place. You can’t miss the tour - guides in red shirts and a bunch of tourists standing around under the wellington statue.[br][br]Hope that helps[br]Cheers[br][br]European Pioneer [br]Apr 30th '09

Thanks for the heads up Clarkie, sounds like a really good idea. Might have to check it out!

P.S. As an added bonus I also met a bunch of people from my tour on the walking trip - just listen out for the word Topdeck or ask around - 95% chance there is someone from Topdeck in the group and everyone will be in the same boat being in a foreign place with no contacts so just be friendly :-)[br][br]European Pioneer [br]Apr 30th '09[br]Red Star Special[br]June 14th '09

Hey I will be staying at the generator July 20 for just one night beofre I leave for my tour. Will be traveling alone, so definitely down to explore[quote]Originally posted by mcfan86[br]
I’ll be around from July 17 before I leave for my tour on July 21 if anyone is around/keen to explore London with me…[br][/quote]

Where or how do you book the Hyde park tour if you arnt staying at the generator hostel

great question sassy :)[br]that’s exactly what i was thinking about today![br]i’m staying at the generator the night before my tour, but at a different hostel for the week before and this tour sounds perfect.[br]does anyone know?[br][br]…Colina…[br]…Grand European - July 28th 2009…[br]?The world is a book, and those who do not travel read only a page.? - Saint Augustine

dfellows - what tour r u doing mate?!

Hey Mcfan,[br][br]Im doing the Grand European…Leaving July 21…How about you??? [br][br]DAN[br][br][quote]Originally posted by mcfan86[br]
dfellows - what tour r u doing mate?![br][/quote]

Forgot to say sorry. You just rock up to the tour on the day, if you are at some hostels they leave from there, if not just make your way to hyde park corner tube station and walk outside by 11 and you will see everyone under the wellington statue. You do not need to book it if you are in a group smaller than 10 as it is a free tour and they just split up even numbers when you are there. It is totally free and works on a tips only bases so you pay what you think the guide deserves :slight_smile: Goes all around the main sites and explains things and gives you a bunch of new people to chat to![br][br]European Pioneer [br]Apr 30th '09[br]Red Star Special[br]June 14th '09

Thanks heaps for that.[br]That really helps :)[br]I think it’s definately something I’ll do as I’ll be by myself and don’t know anyone in England.[br]:)[br][br]…Colina…[br]…Grand European - July 28th 2009…[br]?The world is a book, and those who do not travel read only a page.? - Saint Augustine

same here as i got one full day to fill in before my tour.[br][br]european getaway sept 5th

Hey Dan[br]I’m doing the Spirit of Europe leaving July 21 :)[br]I’ll c u @ Generator :slight_smile: