London Accom. / Transp. from Gatwick Airport

Hello, [br][br]I am going on the European Getaway this July and will be arriving in London about 3 days before the tour departs and staying about 3 days after the tour gets back (due to flight schedules). [br][br]Does anyone have any suggestions as to a nice, convenient, yet still well priced place to stay? Where do the TopDeck tours leave from? Which hostel is close to this? [br][br]Also, any tips on the cheapest way to get from the Gatwick airport to a hostel in this tour departure area? I am guessing Central London is where we’ll want to be ?? But that’s just a guess! If you have any tips it would be greatly appreciated!! [br][br]Thank You! :smiley:

hi there,[br][br]topdeck have about three different departure hostels so you have to find out which one you are leaving from, there is one in paddington, one in i think ravens court and im not sure where the other is. there is a gatwick express service (trains and buses) that go to and from central london every 15 mins. expect to pay between 12 and 22 pounds one way, depends if u get a train or bus.[br][br]in russell square there are a few nice hostels, there is also alot of hostels in bayswater, and st christophers inn in victoria is well situated, but pretty dodgey on the inside…but look up google and bayswater hostels (leinster square is always good) and you will find something…[br][br]goodluck[br][br][quote]Originally posted by cjw720[br]
Hello, [br][br]I am going on the European Getaway this July and will be arriving in London about 3 days before the tour departs and staying about 3 days after the tour gets back (due to flight schedules). [br][br]Does anyone have any suggestions as to a nice, convenient, yet still well priced place to stay? Where do the TopDeck tours leave from? Which hostel is close to this? [br][br]Also, any tips on the cheapest way to get from the Gatwick airport to a hostel in this tour departure area? I am guessing Central London is where we’ll want to be ?? But that’s just a guess! If you have any tips it would be greatly appreciated!! [br][br]Thank You! :D[br][/quote][br][br]take it easy, and if its easy, take it

Cheapest way to central London from Gatwick Airport is via National Express coach service (www.nationalexpress.com) - cost is 6.60 pounds one way, or 12.20 pounds return. Takes approximately 2 hours, and drops you off at Victoria Coach Station, which is next to a major tube/underground station, which will get you anywhere in London.[br][br]Hope this helps!!![br][br]Greg

Hi![br][br]I?m Alison and I am one of the reservations staff at Topdeck. I was just reading your post and thought I could help answer a couple of your questions. [br][br]We can organise pre and post accommodation for you at the Globetrotter Inns hostel where your tour departs from.[br]If you would like further information on the hostel please do not hesitate to email me at res@topdecktravel.co.uk.[br][br]It will take you about an hour to get from Gatwick airport to the Globetrotter Inns.[br]You can take the Gatwick Express towards Victoria and from there take the tube (district line) towards Ealing Broadway or towards Richmond. Stamford Brook is the closest tube station to the hostel.[br][br]I hope this has helped, let me know if there is anything else I can assist with. Alternatively you can drop me an email if you would like. [br][br][br][quote]Originally posted by cjw720[br]
Hello, [br][br]I am going on the European Getaway this July and will be arriving in London about 3 days before the tour departs and staying about 3 days after the tour gets back (due to flight schedules). [br][br]Does anyone have any suggestions as to a nice, convenient, yet still well priced place to stay? Where do the TopDeck tours leave from? Which hostel is close to this? [br][br]Also, any tips on the cheapest way to get from the Gatwick airport to a hostel in this tour departure area? I am guessing Central London is where we’ll want to be ?? But that’s just a guess! If you have any tips it would be greatly appreciated!! [br][br]Thank You! :D[br][/quote]