Laptops

Hi,[br][br]This is a question for anybody who bought their laptops with them on tour. How did you store it during the trip? My netbook only weights about 1kg but l don’t particularly want to carry it around all day sightseeing. Did you just carry it with you on board the bus?[br][br]Cheers,[br][br]Pip[br][br]Spirit of Europe 1st September-24th September 2009

Hey Pip[br][br]I am now on my second 36 day tour and have had my netbook with me all the time in my daypack. Yes it is annoying to carry it with me but I trust myself much more than a bus or hostel! You can leave anything you want on the bus and odds are it will be fine but there is that small chance that a bus can be broken into and I don’t think it is worth losing all your photos and whatever else you have on your laptop. [br][br]It is really up to you but the tour leader will tell you that topdeck takes no responsibility for any theft and there have been cases in the past where buses have been broken into. It is your choice in the end, depends on how trusting you are of the places.[br][br]Hope that helps :-)[br]Simon[br][br]European Pioneer [br]Apr 30th '09[br]Red Star Special[br]June 14th '09

Hi Simon,[br][br]Thats great! Thanks for the advice. l’ll probably will just carry it around with me, thankfully its only light![br][br]Cheers,[br][br]Philippa[br][br]Spirit of Europe 1st September-24th September 2009