Laptops - YES or NO?

Hey guys,[br][br]Jus wondering if people have taken laptops with them. Were they a good idea? [br]i am traveling for another 11mths after my tour so if its not worth taking on the tour, would it still b worthwhile taking for afterwards?[br][br][br][br]Matt[br]London 2 Istanbul[br]April 09

Hey Mat :)[br]I’m having the same dilemma![br]i’m moving to London after my 28 day tour and i really don’t know anyone in London i can leave it with…[br][br]My friend did a top deck tour last year, and she said that if you bring a laptop, u get stuck with people asking to put their camera memory card in ur computer to back it up or ask u to email them to them after the trip…[br]which she said proved to be very annoying…[br][br]SO i’m still trying to decide whether it’s worth taking it…[br][br]Colina[br][br]…grand european…[br]…July 28th 2009…

Hey Matt,[br][br]I would have to say that it depends on how long your tour is and whether your prepared to take it around with you and risk getting it stolen or being the go-to guy on tour when people want to play around with photos and memory cards (could make more friends this way though…hehe). Being a male and having the amazing ability to pack light im sure space wont be the problem. [br][br]Have you considered asking someone to ship it to you after you finish your tour (if its a longer one and you dont want to take it) or even purchasing a quality but cheap one when your in Europe when you need it?[br][br]Hope this kinda helps :)[br][br][br]Adela[br][br][br][br]Adela and Leszek (Sis and Bro)[br]Summer Fun and Sailing June 26th 2009

I have a small (lol) internet addiction (have you all noticed it yet?!lol)[br][br]while i didnt feel the loss of having the internet, it would have been SO much easier for me to have my laptop with my while i travelled so that i could have updated my blog as i went. It is so busy and hectic on tour that the only time you really have to get things like a blog done, is when you are on the bus.[br][br]I really didnt want to be carrying around my laptop and i was worried about it for security reasons too. however I have decided that i will be buying an acer aspire one for my future holidays (starting with a cruise in august) Its a small netbook which is great for travelling! Plus in Europe a lot of places have free wireless!! I’m really kicking myself for not taking mine![br][br]It really depends on why you want it though. For me it would have been for the blogging aspect and being able to type on the bus then upload pics and stuff as well when i found a free wireless spot :)[br][br]You will get people asking to use your laptop, the only time i asked someone to use their laptop, was just to wipe my photos off my memory card as i had taken my memory cards to get them all put onto cd’s. :)[br][br]Also if you do take a laptop, make sure ur travel insurance will cover yu for it. I know Covermore does, but depending on what your laptop is worth, u may need to ask them to increase the limit.[br][br]Leeana[br]Canberra, Australia[br]Spirit of Europe 16 Sept 08[br]+ London Stopover[br]+ Edinburgh Minibreak

The laptop question is a tough one… I really want to update my travel blog as I go - so I guess writing on the bus might be a good idea - but I don’t want to be anti-social sitting on my laptop on the bus! Writing emails etc on the bus would be fantastic…[br][br]Guess I’ll have to think about it! ;D[br][br]Any other experienced travellers have opinions??[br][br]Lou[br][br]Mega European [br](May 2009)

Definitely bringing a netbook… just debating the model I want to pick up. I’ve brought my MacBook Pro everywhere I’ve traveled within North America and the Caribbean, but for weight and security concerns I want something cheap and light that I don’t need to worry about bumping around a bit.

Heya[br]still trying to decide whether to take my laptop with me…[br]It’s not one of those teeny tiny notebooks either.[br]It’s not massive, but it’s pretty standard.[br]This may seem like a silly question, but is it ok to have my big backpack AND my laptop bag? and will they just put the laptop bag with my main bag in the bus or would i be taking the laptop on with me?[br][br][br]Colina[br][br]…grand european…[br]…July 28th 2009…

I dont think u will have a problem colina :)[br][br]Leeana[br]Canberra, Australia[br]Spirit of Europe 16 Sept 08[br]+ London Stopover[br]+ Edinburgh Minibreak