Laptops and Video Cameras

i havent had a chance yet, but im thinking about heading to the good guys tomorrow night and having a look at whats on offer there and then doing a bit more research :)[br][br]have you had a look at any?? seen anything that you like??[br][br]I had a quick look today at the video camera i like - its so small, and awesome!! it wouldnt take up much room at all! which is a big plus![br][br]Leeana[br]Canberra, Australia[br]Spirit of Europe 16 Sept 08[br]+ London Stopover[br]+ Edinburgh Minibreak

ahhh, yeh if you look too much i think it will only confuse the crap out of which one to buy. all depends really how much you want to spend and where you get it from.[br] the jvc one you are looking at is i see about $500-650 for 30g and $750-850 for the 60gb. this is online from a variety of places in oz.[br] have fun looking, least you have a few more months up your sleeve to work it out. [br][br]cheers

well, i’m taking my brother with me tongiht to go looking at video cameras[br][br]which means i will probably leave with one :-[[br][br]Leeana[br]Canberra, Australia[br]Spirit of Europe 16 Sept 08[br]+ London Stopover[br]+ Edinburgh Minibreak

hope you had a good night looking. always good to know what you may intend to buy down the track.[br][br]:), so did your brother talk yeh into buying one?;D[br][br]if you want some more info on what people recommend etc, theres a site which has reviews on lots of video cameras. http://alatest.com/camcorders It also has tvs, cameras, mp3, phones etc if any one is interested. [br][br]dale[br]

lol i got one[br][br]although i have a feeling i may have talked my brother into lol jk jk[br][br]i actually got a pretty good deal, i managed to get them to give me the next size up (40Gb) for an extra $60 rather than an extra $200!![br][br]been playing with it and it seems awesome so far!! i zoomed in on my calendar across the room and it came in so clear![br][br]Leeana[br]Canberra, Australia[br]Spirit of Europe 16 Sept 08[br]+ London Stopover[br]+ Edinburgh Minibreak

so hows the practice going? you haven’t worn the video camera out yet have you? i will be checking it out when i go to the city tomorrow. don’t wear it out before the trip;D;)[br][br]dale

hahahah nah havent worn it out yet - been practising on my 4yo nephew who loves watching himself on camera lol[br][br]tried to take it in when i went to see Carl Barron, but they wouldnt let us film lol not totally unexpected :)[br][br]Leeana[br]Canberra, Australia[br]Spirit of Europe 16 Sept 08[br]+ London Stopover[br]+ Edinburgh Minibreak

Hey guys [br][br]I just brought a new ipod to take with me. If you get a tax invoice customs will give you the tax back which is 10% on your departure. You just have to she them the tax invoice and the item

gday jake, yeh that was my plan. Did that with my camera few years back. [br] Leanna, geez,way too many different types of cameras out there. they all have there benefits. I may go tape because i won’t be near a computer at all just in case i do fill up. might use tape. least if it goes missing i still have the tapes. Was thinking dvd but the guys i talked too said its not that easy to edit. hdd similar. could be wrong though. Even worse when you see stuff in hd format. not fair showing us the quality!!! [br] so the 4yr old nephew a bit of an actor hey8-);D[br][br]dale

dmcozz dont forget that most HDD camers have the option of also using a memory card - mine uses microsd cards (the ones that can also be used in mobile phones) and they are a lot smaller than tapes :)[br][br]there are a few editing options i have with the programs i got with my camera, and i dotn need anythign too flash :)[br][br]yeah, he thinks he is :-[[br][br]Leeana[br]Canberra, Australia[br]Spirit of Europe 16 Sept 08[br]+ London Stopover[br]+ Edinburgh Minibreak

Leeana, did you end up getting the one that you originally planned on?[br][br]I’m still considering that other purchase I mentioned to you lol

Yeah I ended up getting the one i mentioned only getting it at a 40gb HDD rather than the 30Gb HDD[br][br]I wouldnt have minded the 30Gb except that they couldnt find the ones they had left in stock - so I told them I would take the 40Gb if they gave me a discount ;D[br][br]Leeana[br]Canberra, Australia[br]Spirit of Europe 16 Sept 08[br]+ London Stopover[br]+ Edinburgh Minibreak

gday leeana,[br] hey you haven’t worn that camera out yet??!!;)[br][br]yeh still deciding. thinking high def and hard drive. have to check out what extras i need on my computer first. Eg,. RAM, videocard upgrade. Its probably very close to what i need but have to check it out. It may be put in the too hard basket high def. See how i go. scary the prices though. thinking sony at the moment.[br][br]Dale[br]RedStarSpecial[br]29thJune

I am trying to decide whether to take a video camera aswell. Ours is pretty big though and i dont want to be lugging it around if im not going to really use it…