Just say hello! :p

Hey peoples![br][br]Seeing as I can’t find anyone as yet that is going on my trip (besides my lovely mate who is traveling with me of course!) I just wanna say hi to EVERYONE out there in the Top Deck community.[br]It pretty much goes without saying that we’re all so excited to be going on our trips that we can’t sit still, but it’s always cool to reach out to fellow travelers.[br]So this thread has no agenda other then to say g’day and get creative with thoughts about your trip and life in general. Hell, tell us a good joke![br][br]And if no-one replies I’ll look like a tool! :wink: The choice is yours![br][br]Liz from Perth [br]Grand European June 17![br]+ Thailand

I’ll say hello ;D[br][br]I am so excited about going over there!! it my first major trip overseas, and i am going on my own :)[br][br][br][br]Leeana[br]Canberra, Australia[br]Spirit of Europe 16 Sept 08[br]+ London Stopover[br]+ Edinburgh Minibreak

hahahah yay a reply! Hey Leena, seen you posting a lot of stuff, yr the Top Deck Forum social butterfly! =)[br][br]omg just went on the contiki forum for a laugh, and no joke, about a quarter of their topics is enquiring and talking about the sex and hook ups that go on…apparently the tour managers are all up for grabs with that lot, IEW that sounds SO wrong, like hooking up with yr teacher hahah! :o[br][br]It’s my first time traveling overseas as well, traveling on tour with one of my good mates. Then afterwards I’m going to Thailand for 3 weeks (i’ll have my birthday in Bangkok!) and going to the Full Moon Party on Ko Pangyang on the 19th July, then trekking up north to Chang Mei. I wanna Ride and elephant goddammit! :)[br][br]Liz from Perth [br]Grand European June 17![br]+ Thailand

HAHAHA!! I am a bit of a social butterfly hey lol!! I love to plan and organised, I dont think I am a control freak or anything, I just like to know whats going on hahaha! Plus I used to be a travel agent, so i have all kinds of info going around my head! lol Hopefully I’m not annoying :-[[br][br]I fly out on the 5th September, adn my birthday is the 29th August, so while I wont be over seas for my bday, I’ll still be partying it up!! How’s that for a birthday pressie though?![br][br]I’ve checked out the Contiki forums too… there seems to be a lot more people on those too!! I know what you mean about the whole teacher thing though… I’m not adverse to hooking up or annything, but i dont think i could get with a tour leader lol[br][br]Thailand would be awesome!! especially for your birthday!! I’m debating about doing Thailand/Cambodia/Vietnam or heading to Fiji next year :slight_smile: (i know! terrible that I am already planning the next trip isnt it?!)[br][br]What I wouldnt give for a million dollars just to travel the world with!![br][br]Leeana[br]Canberra, Australia[br]Spirit of Europe 16 Sept 08[br]+ London Stopover[br]+ Edinburgh Minibreak

Hey I’ll say hello too!!![br]I have also put a post on here for my trip and no one has replied either, so you’re not alone!!![br]Europe is awesome and I can’t wait to go on my mega european trip July 6, just hope i find someone else on the tour.[br]Take care[br]Danielle

i actually havent put one up specifically for my tour… just sticking to the general “Spirit of Europe” thread atm[br][br]has anyone read Top Deck Daze?? Its about how top deck started (got it when i first started working at flight centre) The people who created topdeck then went on and created FC.[br][br]I just want to have as much fun as they did in that book!! hahahah!! they got up to some funny sh**!!! ahahahaha[br][br]Leeana[br]Canberra, Australia[br]Spirit of Europe 16 Sept 08[br]+ London Stopover[br]+ Edinburgh Minibreak

Hi from me as well[br]I haven’t found anyone else on my tour yet either,but at least it’s a guaranteed one so i’m not too worried about finding someone on the same trip although it would be nice to. :)[br]I will be in Denmark in the morning and Sweden in the evening for my next birthday which will be great.[br][br]I just wanted to make a comment on Contiki. Contiki is more known to travellers which is probably why a lot more peopls read there forums.[br]A lot of people ask about hookups mainly because contiki does sort of have a reputation for those sort of things.But, those sort of things can happen regardless to whether your on a contiki or not. Everyone has different interests and reasons for travelling. I did 2 contiki’s about 2 years ago now, they were both different. Yes, people did hook up but then there was those that didn’t as well. They are what you make them to be.[br]We were all like a big family in my europe trip, which was great until it was time to say goodbye. It really all depends as well on what kind of group of people you have on your trip as well.[br][br]If your after another book to read which is like a contiki or even probably a top deck tour (as i haven’t been on one yet its hard to say haha) :Rule No.5, No sex on the bus by Brian Thacker, is a good book to read. Don’t be put off by the name. He has a whole series of different travel books to read.[br][br]Cruisey[br]* Red Star Special - 18 May 2008

Hi All,[br][br]Just wanted to say Hi! We only spoke to a couple of people from our tour on here before we left, but the coach was full… So don’t worry there will be heaps of others on your various tours…[br]You will all have a fantastic time, we are already planning for our next trip!:sunglasses:

hey cruisey!![br][br]Ive read that book too :slight_smile: it was pretty good but i didnt find it nearly as funny as Top Deck Daze :slight_smile: But its still a great read :slight_smile: and is generally easier to find :)[br][br]Leeana[br]Canberra, Australia[br]Spirit of Europe 16 Sept 08[br]+ London Stopover[br]+ Edinburgh Minibreak

Hey guys,[br]figured i’d “drop in” and say g’day myself. i wouldn’t worry too much if no one is responding for your tours yet, i just went on a Paddywagons tour around Ireland, and apparently they have a forumn sort of a thing as well, and this kiwi lass i made friends was so worried before she came on our tour as there was no one else on this thing, but our tour had like 21 people on it so yeah, it was all ok.[br]oh yeah and as for hooking up with tour leaders, i was talking to a couple of mates who’d just done a contiki, and 1 chick on their tour had hooked up with the leader for the duration of the tour, and he told her that he manages to hook up on like 3/4 of tours he does. and he does a lot of tours apparently!

Hey guys - just wanted to add my 2 cents worth - rule number 5 book is hilarious - I’ve read it about 4 times!! Brian Thacker used to work for topdeck in the early days - his name is listed in the topdeck daze book at the back where they list previous staff members. during the whole book he never mentions which company he works for but you generally figure it out!! He has written a few other travel books as well, worth checking out. I’d imagine if a few TM’s got together and wrote a book… oh the stories they would have… :wink:

Oh man I’m so bummed!!! I went to the optomitrist yesterday arvo and found out I can’t get laskic eye surgery. :frowning: Apparently my pupils are too big and my corneas are too thin, sigh. Would have made the trip so much more convinient without fussing with contacts and glasses, i guess I’ll have to wait a few more years to afford the implant contacts (twice the price as lasic).[br][br]On the plus side I now have excess money to spend on the holiday that I had saved for surgery! Woo![br][br]Liz from Perth [br]Grand European June 17![br]+ Thailand

oh Liz, Thats no good!![br][br]but i like how you turned it into a positive!![br][br]I actually have dyslexia, but the main part of that for me is that i have a light sensitivity… so if i dont have my glasses with me then i will more than likely be wearing my sunnies inside!! I have suffered from migraines since i was 6 and it was a major cause… unfortunately i cant get contacts for it… i wish i could though… [br][br][br]Leeana[br]Canberra, Australia[br]Spirit of Europe 16 Sept 08[br]+ London Stopover[br]+ Edinburgh Minibreak

Hello there! Thought I’d say hi as tonight is the first night I’ve looked at these forums and im SO EXCITED about my trip (European Getaway 3rd April)[br]Planning on doing a working holiday in the UK afterwards (trip finishes on the 22nd April) so if anyones going to be in the area I’d love to hear from you as I’ll have noo clue as to where anything is!

Hi All,[br]I’m jumping on board with the motion to just say gday! Like many of you i havn’t heard of any one else who is going on my tour either (London to Athens - leaving June 8th) so if there is anyone out there who is doing that tour or leaving around the same time i would love to chat to you because i’m having about 4 days in London to explore and a travel buddy would be awesome as i’m going on my own! I’m also going to stay in Santorini for a few nights after my tour ends (June 30th) so if anyone else is going to be around there i’d love to get to know you :)[br][br]I have also been on the contiki forums and even though it sounds good i think topdeck is a lot less commercial, i can’t wait to see europe!

Hello all!!![br][br]Me and my partner are booking the spirit of europe departing the 14th October!!! [br][br]Cant wait, we are so excited. Heading to Tokyo first for our stopover![br][br]Chell

just another one to jump on and say Hey all…! and help li_86 not look like a tool! :)[br][br]Im on the europe uncovered trip leaving on 6th may with a friend![br]Really looking forward to the trip and anything it throws at me!!! ;D[br][br]…Jason[br]