Just got back from Egypt Explored!

If anyone has any questions please feel free to pick my brains - what left of them anyway![br]Jo xo

How was it? I’m off on the Pyramids and Beaches on the 5th December.[br][br]Krissa

It was really good, we had Mina as a tour leader who was amazing!! Cairo is flat out but such an interesting place to be - Dahab is awesome you will really like it - snorkling in the red sea is great!

So any must do restaurants or bars we should look for?[br][br]Also did you travel around Cairo much by yourself before the tour? Is it easy enought to get around, or any suggestions for a couple of days sightseeing by yourself in Cairo?

Cairo is a bit daunting when you first get there. We walked around a bit from our hotel to the shops to the ATM. On our last day was got the hotel mini van to take us to the markets and they came back and picked us up. If you go anywhere organise it first. and dont get in a taxi before you negotiate a price!![br]Your tour leader will take you to some good places to eat and bars. However - the food on the cruise ship isnt that good, the hotel food not good either. They try to westernise everything! We had this really nice egyptian dish at the markets from this dodgy little place. It is chick peas and lentels, rice, pasta and this really nice tomato sauce!! Cant remember what its called but look out for it!

I have lots of questions as I’m going on the Spirit of Egypt tour in December:[br][br]How many people were on the tour?[br]Do I need to bring a sleeping bag for the felucca cruise?[br]Do you meet the tour guide in the airport prior to getting the visa?[br][br][br]Brian

hi there - I didnt go on the felucca but other people did and said you needed one!!! We had about 16 in our group but you always meet up with other groups at different times. The bus was full most places we went!! A guy (not your tour guide) will meet you when you get off the plane before you go through customs, we already had our visa so we didnt have to get one but i guess he will help you buy one!!

Thanks for answering my questions. I have a few more…[br][br]Can you charge the optionals?[br]What were the meals like? Did anyone get sick?[br]How much time is spent on the bus?[br][br]Thanks so much,[br]Brian[br][br]Brian Josephson

hey just follow this link and theres heaps of info that me n my mate did for eveyone[br]http://www.topdecktours.co.uk/topdeckforum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=1619&SearchTerms=egypt …if that doesnt work just search ultimate egypt march 22. :)[br][br][br]Ultimate Egypt[br] 25 Jan 09[br][br]ANZAC Expedition [br]12 April 09

Just got back from Egypt Explored tour too and it was friggin’ amazing! We had Jimmy (or Gimal) who has been an Egyptologist for 17 yrs and knows everything there is to know about Egypt. [br]If you want to know about the overnight train, I can’t help you out there… we were upgraded to the bus after a train ploughed into the back of another train after it hit a cow. [br][br]For Brian:[br]- no you cannot charge the optionals, they only accept cash. But they give you plenty of opportunity to withdraw from ATMs. [br]- the meals vary. On the cruise is buffet style. And kofta in Egypt is 40% camel, but don’t let that deter you. [br]- almost everyone got sick with stomach cramps and the runs. It lasted for about 2 days but your tour guide should look after you with pills (Jimmy did).[br]- lots of time was spent on the bus. It was roughly 12 hrs from Cairo to Aswan, 8 hrs Luxor to Cairo, 8 hrs Cairo to Dahab

Hi guys, can I ask how much money you spent approx please, after paying for thr trip flights etc. I am trying to work out if I can afford to go on the beaches & Pyramids trip. I worked out how much the trip and flights are but not sure how much I will need to take spending wise? Did people tend to go out drinking/partying, things like that at night much?

Hi guys, can I ask how much money you spent approx please, after paying for thr trip flights etc. I am trying to work out if I can afford to go on the beaches & Pyramids trip. I worked out how much the trip and flights are but not sure how much I will need to take spending wise? Did people tend to go out drinking/partying, things like that at night much?

I spent just over 1K US. The time in Cairo/Aswan/Luxor was pretty full on and didn’t get much time to party, but you’ll get that chance if you go to Dahab.

i spent about 3000 australian between me and my partner - we brought everything (we had to buy two more bags to put things in) not heaps of partying - but enough and we had a really expensive dinner in Dahab! You can definately budget a bit better than we did!

hey im doing egypt explored in August, i was wondering where you stayed out side of Cairo? Im so excited, also has anyone done the Alexandria day trip? im hoping its as amazing as im hoping.

I am pleased you all had a good time.It would be exciting to visit Egypt sometime.

It seems you had a good enjoyment in Egypt. Great! :slight_smile: