Just got back from a tour

HEY,[br][br]I JUST GOT BACK FROM A TOUR. I WAS ON THE PARADES TO PIAZZAS TOUR WHICH IS THE FIRST HALF OF THE WINTER WONDER TOUR. IF ANYONE HAS ANY QUESTIONS FEEL FREE TO ASK.[br][br]JENN

Was it good? And how much spending money did you use (if you don’t mind me asking)?

Hi Jenn,[br]Did you take an adapter and converter for you camera and phone?? Where did you buy it and which one would you recommend? There are so many adapters/converters that I have no idea which one to get![br][br]Daria

Gabrielle- I would have at least 75 euros a day. Just because if you plan on doing the optional excursions they get a little pricey and they only accept cash. If you like to shop you should also take that into account and budget accordingly. Remember you must pay the money they ask of you to get into the museums. I’m from NY and most of the museums here only have suggested prices. This is not the case in Europe. [br][br]Daria- I did have a plug adapter. I did not bring a converter because my cell phone and straighter handles 50/60 hertz which means they will work both in Europe and in the States. Check your wires, it should state the hertz. I bought the plug adapter from amazon.com. I would recommend a small one so it doesn’t take up to much space. Mine was very simple white one for the UK and a sinple black one for Europe.[br][br]I had the best time of my life on this tour. Words could not describe honestly. I did not want to leave. I do recommend go on as many optional excursions as you can. I loved the bike tour around Paris and the cabaret show. You will make great friends. Remember you are with these people 24/7. It will feel like after a week you’ve known them for a year. [br][br]Jenn

Thanks Jenn

Thank you Jenn,[br]Is it true that in Europe, you have to pay to use a bathroom? Also, I heard that in most places, drinking water is sold in bottles and when you go to a restaurant, instead of drinking regular (free) tap water -you pay for bottled water??? [br]Also how much cash did you bring with you (if you dont mind me asking)? I am planning to bring with me just enough cash for optional activities and use my credit cards for everything else, do most places except Visa and Master credit cards? [br][br]Daria

Keep in mind daria that you will have to generally pay a % fee to use your credit card on overseas purchases which can add up if you tried to use it for everything. Cash is king in europe and at bars and such especially you will really want to just pay with cash. All the prices have tax included so it’s generally simple payments for things. Also some places only accept cards that have the computer chip in them, with the gold contacts that it uses to be read. So if you can use cash that’ll be the easiest/best way taking it out from ATM’s and such as you go in chunks.

For the getaway tour I used a UK adapter and a Europe Adapter and also used a voltage converter just to be on the safe side. They use 220 over there as opposed to our 110V and I didn’t want to fry anything. If you are on a topdeck tour I’d also recommend bringing an aussie plug adapter as well since nearly everyone on your trip will be aussie and plugs are limited in the hostels so people will often have a power strip, but it’ll be an aussie power strip so if you want to plug in then you’ll need one. They make universal adapters that have plugs that move to just about everything and that would be a good way to go.

I have one other question!
I know that we need to have travel insurance. And so I followed the travel Insurance link (www.golbaltravelinsurance.co.uk/quote/TOP09) on Topdeck FAQ page and tried purchasing individual/economy travel insurance; however, the message popped up saying that this company (Global Travel Insurance) only provides travel insurance to UK residents. Has anyone used them who is not a UK citizen/resident? Which Travel insurance did you guys use??? How about STA Travel Insurance??

THANK YOU SOOO MUCH!!!
Daria