Just a holiday?

Hi everyone, I was just wondering what your plans are in regards to before and after the tour you are going on. Are you travelling to the UK specifically for the tour then going home, or staying on to work? Id love to just go with the intention of doing the tour then coming home, but having an option to change my visa to a working holiday if i wanted to stay! But ya cant do that, have to come home first then reapply!

Hi Joanna. My partner and I are going on a tour next month and we are pretty much going over just for the tour - will be spending a week in London with some family/friends over there after the tour aswell. What Visa is it that you have? You really have to come back to apply for the working holiday? That makes it pretty expensive! Maybe you should get that before you go just incase you do want to stay there? I don’t know how it all works tho, i guess that would be too easy so you probably can’t do that :stuck_out_tongue:

ill be doing an additional month or so of travelling on my own as well as the tour - so basically it is just a holiday[br][br]although i consider travelling and a holiday to be 2 separate things :slight_smile: a holiday is relaxing, and travelling is exploring :)[br][br]Leeana[br]Canberra, Australia[br]Spirit of Europe 16 Sept 08[br]+ London Stopover[br]+ Edinburgh Minibreak

Hey Joanna[br][br]Im just going for holidays pretty much just the tour i have 2 nights before and 4 nights after the tour in the UK then head home back to work :(. I’m stopping in Malaysia on way home for 3 nights

Yeah for NZ you either get a working holiday visa or a visiting one before you go, and if i went with the working holiday one and didnt use it i cant reapply, only get it once. But, its valid for 2 years so its not the end of the world. Yea thats true holiday and travelling are different :slight_smile: i hate decisions haha,Its one thing imagining whats its going to be like and another actually getting there and experiencing it.

Hi Jonanna, [br][br]I feel exactly the same, I would love to work over there too, but I want to do the tour first and see if I want to stay! I was going to get the working visa but decided that I should plan for that on another trip just in case, as you say, you only get it once and I would hate to waste it![br][br]I’ve been looking at “Overseas Working Holidays” (www.owh.com.au) they put you in a job and help you set up a bank account and stuff, but it looks like it’s mostly pub work and I’ve never worked in a pub! They say you don’t need experience though coz they train you, still very scary! Do you know anyone who lives there? I wonder how hard it is to find work on your own… What kind of work would you do?

Hey Tammy - those are my thoughts too! I’m gonna see how much i like it over there first…[br][br]then i just have to pay off my loan and save some money so i can go over lol :)[br][br]Leeana[br]Canberra, Australia[br]Spirit of Europe 16 Sept 08[br]+ London Stopover[br]+ Edinburgh Minibreak

Maybe i should do that too… although im kinda at crossroads as to what to do next at home. My sister has just been over there - worked in a restaurant/live in so can give me the contacts for a job in the same chain. im working at a rental car company at the moment, but have worked in a cafe before and dont mind doing that kinda thing for a while, live in positions make it a lot easier too…no stres finding a flat! She loved the people she worked with - hadnt worked in that field before either. I know of only 2 people who are there at the moment just doing their OE too - not close friends though! So im pretty much on my own which is the scary part. sometimes you just gotta jump in and see if you sink or swim though right…