Island suntanner nov 12

Wondering about doing this tour. Is anyone else doing it sometime in Nov 12. ive never done anything like this before and will be travelling on my own. no idea what to expect.

Any advice would be great

Anna

Hi Anna,

I am booked up on this tour.

I’ll be travelling on my own as well so looking forward to meeting up with people and enjoying the trip. I’m based in Edinburgh…

Gavin

Hi, Anna & Gavin

I’m doing the Grand Aussie which is made up of days 1-14 of the Island Suntanner and days 1-9 of the Rock N Top. So I’m not sure if I’ll be getting on a separate bus or if we all go together and separate at the end of the Suntanner. So I might see you’s. Well I should because I think both the pick-ups are at the YHA on the 10th.

Alex

Hi Gavin and Alex

What dates are your booked on to the tour?, I thinking the 10th nov, I’m from cumbria so need a bit of a change…

Anna

Hey,

I’m booked for the 10th Nov, but I arrive in Sydney on the 7th (Oz time). My trip ends on the 3 Dec though.

Alex

Hi Anna and Gavin,

I’m also on the same trip as Alex, we met on here a few months ago and you guys are the first we have found on a similar trip! I dont know if we’ll all be on the whole trip at same time but I’m sure we will all start at the same time on the 10th from the YHA. I arrive on the 9th in Sydney! It’s my first time travelling alone too, and I’ve never been to Oz before so it’s a big deal! Glad I’m not the only one going alone :slight_smile:

Rachel xxx

Hi all

I’m booked on the 3rd November trip, got excited for a bit as I haven’t seen anyone yet booked up on this but see most of you guys are going on the 10th. I’m also travelling alone but can’t wait - is anyone else booked on for the 3rd?

hi all.

Replies from you all have made me make my final decision and so this week i will be hopefully sorting it all out. im hopefully having a gap month from work so two weeks would be this trip, have no idea what to do after that thou,?? rachel im glad have said it a big deal as im a little worried traveling on my own. Anna x

Hi there,

I checked my dates and I’m actually on the trip from the 18 Nov through to early December…anyone else going on this one? |Really looking forward to the trip and some actual sunshine…Edinburgh’s lovely but… :slight_smile:

Cheers,

Gavin

[quote=38717]hi all.

Replies from you all have made me make my final decision and so this week i will be hopefully sorting it all out. im hopefully having a gap month from work so two weeks would be this trip, have no idea what to do after that thou,?? rachel im glad have said it a big deal as im a little worried traveling on my own. Anna x[/quote]

I’m really nervous about it too but it’s going to be an incredible experience!! What hostel are you staying at before the trip and what date do you fly into Sydney? I arrive on the 9th and I’m staying at the YHA where the meetup is on the 10th. :slight_smile:

xx

Rachel

im sorting most things out this week and hopefully everything will be finalised. how long are you travelling for? ive not booked anything yet so not sure where im staying or anything. im hoping to arrive on the 9th too. I have no idea on traveling really so i may need your help if i get things sorted :slight_smile: x

Hi Anna,

I would be more than happy to help you sort things out, just give me a shout! I’m staying at this hostel for one night when I arrive, so we could maybe arrange to meet if we get in same day.

http://www3.yha.com.au/hostels/nsw/sydney-surrounds/sydney-central-backpackers-hostel/?utm_source=googleadwords&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=SydneyCentralYHA

Rachel xx

There’s an island suntanner from Sydney to cairns leaving 1st December if people haven’t booked yet. I’m in Sydney from 23rd November, then on this trip 1st dec. toooo excited x

Hi Rachel

Thanks for the link that really good. Im booking it all this week so will let you know when i fly in and that. would be great if we go there on same day and met. im doing this all last min but have thought about it for ages so its all exciting stuff .
anna x

let me know when youve booked everything anna and we can maybe arrange to meet when we get to the hostel :slight_smile: xx

Hi all
Will any of you be in Cairns from 1st-3rd dec or sydney 4th-7th dec? im doing the tropical adventure 22nd nov and the ultimate surfari 8th dec which is the first part of the island suntanner trip.
Would be great to hear back
Sammy

Hi, I get to Sydney on the 9th November and leave Darwin on the 3rd December so I wont be in Cairns or Sydney on the same dates as you, sorry! Hope you find someone who is though :slight_smile:

hi all

im all booked on this trip now excited!!! just my flights to get sorted, sammy i maybe in cairns around your dates as i have not planned anything as yet after this trip and also i maybe in sydney for a day or two before i flight home on the 7th dec. anna x

Hey Anna,

Are you staying in the Sydney YHA, if so what dates?
I’m there 7th till the 10th and Rachel is 9th till 10th. Where going to meet up on the 9th for a wander around Sydney in case you want to join us.

Alex

hi alex

im booking my flights tomorrow which means ill be arriving in sydney on the 9th too till the 10th when trip starts and hopefully staying at the YHA sydney. that would be great if i could join you too as i have no idea what ive let myself in for!!

does anyone have any idea on what i could do after this trip for around 2 weeks in cairns or around about as i dont go back to syndey untill the 5th Dec for a day or two the home.

Anna x