Is now a good time to buy Euros?

Hi everyone,

We’re leaving for Europe in 2 months time but were wondering if now would be a good time to buy some Euros? We don’t want to leave it to the last minute and get ripped off. We’re not so good at working out good exchange rates so any assistance on this would be much appreciated.

Thanks!

Yes, now is a great time to buy Euros! For one Australian dollar, we’re getting around .69 Euros. This is the highest it has been in a long time! It’s definitely peaking right now, and it’s best to take advantage of it while it’s so high.
Good luck!

actually no it was 69 cents about two weeks ago - now its around 63. best to wait a few weeks to see how it goes a good time to buy would be 65 and higher.

Just checked again - the Euro is still hovering around .69, and Travelex is selling Euros for .66, which is completely normal as they usually charge a commission. It’s up to you, but it’s best to go into a few different places and talk to them in person. The post office is a good place to buy foreign currencies, or your travel agent. Travelex are good, but they have also been known to rip a few people off due to the commissions they charge.

Hi jojo23. Here is a link to a quick and easy site that you may find helpful
http://www.xe.com/ucc/

Buying through Travelex online also means you don’t have to pay commission.

I suggest buying some cash and then putting money on a credit card - Visa gets the best FX rate and even though you pay a fee, as you get the real exchange rate you still come out ahead.

Stacey :slight_smile:

Hi everyone, apologies read the sheet wrong - the euro is up at .69 perfect time to buy! travelex will probably only buy at about .65-.66 though as Brianna mentioned. Sorry about before!

Hey guys, try the post office. They offer better rates than Travelex and they dont charge a commission :slight_smile:

thanks everyone, been a great help! am looking to buy at the post office now that we know it’s a good time to buy

it’s good time to buy euro for you… i’ve never seen the euro so low :expressionless: i’m from Italy… anyway…good for you :smiley: