Internet in Europe

Hey all past and present travellers![br][br]Just a quick question - has anyone travelled with a laptop through Europe on any of the tours? If so can someone give me an indication of how often I can get internet at hostels and what not.[br][br]Cheers[br]Simon[br][br]European Pioneer [br]Apr 28th '09

I read in a thread on these forums awhile ago that internet connection is not a problem in hotels/hostels and all throughout Europe with the exception of a few place as all those places along with others have it readily available.[br][br]Only downside of bringing a laptop on the tour from what i recall is having to bring it around everywhere you go, its a liability and you risk loosing it and someone mentioned that at times you’ll get other people on your tour asking to use it for there personal use such as emailing, uploading photos to you laptop for you to send to them at a later date etc… but yeah if you fine with that i guess should be no problem ;D[br][br]Discover Europe 2009 [br](17th Sept 09 - 12th Oct 2009)

also a lot of the city centres have free wireless internet. so if u write ur emails while ur on the bus, then u only need to send them once ur in the city centre :)[br][br]tbh i really wish i had of gotten myself a netboook… small, lightweight and i could have updated my blog so much more!!![br][br]Leeana[br]Canberra, Australia[br]Spirit of Europe 16 Sept 08[br]+ London Stopover[br]+ Edinburgh Minibreak

i think i will be taking my iphone so theres also another option rather than a laptop! Its small and it works on any wi-fi connection around the world![br][br]Grand European 2nd June 2009[br]After the tour, CRO/SPAIN Woo Hoo!!!

Thanks for the advice guys :-)[br][br]I have a netbook at 1.14kg and it fits well in my daypack so I will have it on me all the time (I am paranoid about security). Looking through different hostel sites it seems most have a wifi area so looks like I will have lots of chances to email home etc.[br][br]Cheers,[br]Simon[br][br]European Pioneer [br]Apr 30th '09

I say go for it Simon!![br][br]Leeana[br]Canberra, Australia[br]Spirit of Europe 16 Sept 08[br]+ London Stopover[br]+ Edinburgh Minibreak

also, dont forget that if u have skype its gonna be a hell of a lot cheaper than calling home!![br][br]Leeana[br]Canberra, Australia[br]Spirit of Europe 16 Sept 08[br]+ London Stopover[br]+ Edinburgh Minibreak

I got skype on my new laptop already :slight_smile: It is only 4c/min to Australian home phones :smiley: And of course free to other skype members, much much much better than the $2/min plus mobile charges![br][br]European Pioneer [br]Apr 30th '09