Insurance

Hey does anyone know what exactly they require in terms of the insurance policy? Don’t want to get insurance to find out it’s not good enough…[br] [br]Thanks! :slight_smile:

Basically you need to be covered for all medical overseas, coverage for luggage and travel documents, and then other good things for you would be amendments and cancellation costs, personal liability, repatriation (where they bring your body back if anything happens to you - not something nice, but it does happen)[br][br]Leeana[br]Canberra, Australia[br]Spirit of Europe 16 Sept 08[br]+ London Stopover[br]+ Edinburgh Minibreak

You might also want to look into specifics in your policy if your planning anything like sky diving or white water rafting, things like that you might have to pay extra. Okay, I’m not sure what extra activities you are doing however. If theres nothing like that then you dont have to worry of course haha.[br]I have covermore insurance which is what the travel agent usually recommends. But, it covers pretty much everything.[br]Just do a little bit of research, there may be something a little cheaper and better i’m not too sure.[br][br]*side note- whirlsie will prob know which is the best insurance is. she seems to be the resident expert around here. hahaha:p *

lol i used to sell covermore - so i have that one![br][br]it actually automatically covers you for winter sports and bungy jumping and some other “extreme” activities :)[br][br]Leeana[br]Canberra, Australia[br]Spirit of Europe 16 Sept 08[br]+ London Stopover[br]+ Edinburgh Minibreak

I go with Allianz Insurance (operated by Worldcare Travel) everytime I travel. I found them to be better than Covermore for the cover I wanted. You can obtain a quote online and also organise your policy this way.

Thanks, you guys have all been really helpful… Most likely going to go with Vero insurance - we have a broker inhouse at work and we get a discount so works out best as it’s a no excess policy as well… Def no plans for any bungy jumping and white water rafting so i’ll be sweet there! :slight_smile:

hey ange, Vero is the underwriter of Covermore :)[br][br]Leeana[br]Canberra, Australia[br]Spirit of Europe 16 Sept 08[br]+ London Stopover[br]+ Edinburgh Minibreak

ah sweet - so just going straight to the source this way… :):slight_smile: