Important - baggage allowance!

Hey!! Did you have any troubles with your bag when you went on tour?
Was there anyone with a bigger suitcase then yours?
I’m getting worried my bag might be too big. But don’t want to rush out and buy another if I don’t need to :slight_smile:

I had a massive suitcase. No one checked size or weight or even inquired about it. We only ever took public transport tho, so it wasn’t an issue in Japan. However there are heaps of escalators and a few times I nearly killed myself lugging my suitcase up and down stairs

I wrote to TD and they specifically said to fit withing their guidelines. A little over few cms maybe ok. I bought a new case to ensure i dont get stuck without my luggage not worth the risk. Probably best you call TD and ask them direct :slight_smile:

Hi Emma, No we didnt have any problems at all. As long as you maintain your weight limit then you should be good to go, there were a few people that had big bags like ours.

Hello Topdeck,

I was wondering in regards to the luggage allowance if am able to get in contact with someone via phone in order to discuss my limitations as I am continuing to travel else where after my tour ends with top deck.

Whom may I speak too in this case?

kind regards,

Esra

@admin please see above :slight_smile:

Hi Topdeck,

Some months ago I bought a new luggage bag that is 84cm x 33cm x 40cm, as this was the exact same bag a friend took with her on the Grand European last year (same one I’m doing in a few weeks). As long as I keep it under 20kg, will I have any issues with the size?

Thanks, Kate

Hi Topdeck! I have been reading these posts but they have conflicting responses so I am quite nervous and concerned. I - like one of the others that commented- have a Kathmandu 70L Hybrid suitcase. It is a soft bag and with all of my stuff weighs only 11KG. However the dimensions are 79x37x37 is this okay? I know you have said that dimensions are not a big issue but I just need to be sure as I leave in less than a week and I do not want to purchase a bigger bag but if I have to I need to know ASAP. So is this okay?

@admin
Hi Topdeck
We are doing the USA Stars and Stripes tour this December. Please can you tell me what the baggage allowance is for this trip. Also, we have an internal flight from San Francisco to New York, part of Topdeck tour. Please can you tell us what the baggage allowance/restrictions will be on this flight.
Thank you

Hello! I’m going on the Vietnamese Voyage trip during the last week of September. I was planning on bringing a small wheeled suitcase. Will I have problems with this? Would you recommend something else?

Doing the great white northern ski tour in Canada this year. Seeing as there is little info on this trip what is the go with snowboard bags
Total luggage won’t clear 20kg but they are bigger bags
Don’t see a point trying to hire crappy boards when i have my own to choose from
Thanks

Hi @admin @topdeckers - I just have a quick question regarding the size of my luggage. My luggage is slightly over the dimensions mentioned. Mine is 77cm height x 50cm width x 30 cm depth. Is this going to be okay or do I need to purchase a new suitcase? Im quite worried about this. Thank you!

I’m also going on that trip and I’ll be taking my own board! I contacted topdeck and they said that a snowboard bag is okay + an additional bag!

Yeah they got back to me a few days after this and said the same thing! Thank god for that I’m over there for a while i don’t need everything in my board bag :joy:

Hi! So I have a bag with these measurements: 71.5cm X 36.5cm X 35.5 cm. Would that be too big or is the weight restriction more of the strict measurement to follow?

Hi, I want to book the island suntanned, but I am here for a year so I have a large suitcase, roughly 25kg, does this mean I cannot book as I don’t wish to leave my belongings anywhere?

Hi,

I am in Australia for a year and want to do a top deck to end my trip, island suntanned, but my case is going to be 25kg, and 10cm taller than recommended, will this be ok? else I can’t go :frowning:

thanks
Jo

Hi. I am booked on the Northern Exposure trip and I can’t find any information where it says we need to take a sleeping bag. This is my second trip with Topdeck and last time I was able to find information regarding baggage allowances and those other important details but I can’t seem to find it this time around. Can you please point me in the right direction where this information is. Thank you

Thank you for giving the information about baggage allowance.

Thanks for your message.