Important - baggage allowance!

Hi Guys,
Just some information about baggage allowance.

Each person is allowed 1 item of standard size luggage (backpacks only on a Camping trip, while suitcases are ok for all other trips) plus a day pack or handbag (and sleeping bag if required). The maximum weight of your main bag must not exceed 44lbs/20kgs. Size for all bags must not exceed 70cm (height) x 45cm (width) x 25cm (depth). Due to strict weight regulations for coaches in Europe, passengers whose luggage exceeds 44lbs/20kgs may be asked to offload the excess on the departure morning. In this scenario, Topdeck will not cover any storage costs which are incurred.

Sleeping bags are required on all Camping trips. Sleeping bags are also required on Club trips that visit Scandinavia (Red Star Special, Northern Exposure, Russia Scandi, Scandi Express or Scenic Scandi), and are recommended for any Club trip that features Flotilla Sailing in Greece.

Sleeping bags are not required on Hotel, Explorer and all other Club trips.

Thanks,
Team Topdeck

Luggage Queries - Europe

Will I need a torch/flashlight on the European Wonder Eurotrip? I have one, but it’s big and weighs a lot. Don’t know if the torch is mainly for the camping-style trips…

A flashlight/torch -especially if yours is a heavy one - is not necessary on our EuroClub trips. If you had a small light one it could be a ‘nice-to-have’ but I would not worry too much about it.[br][br]Important: don’t forget your sleeping bag![br][br]Have a great trip![br][br]Anita

I was wondering as to how strict you will be with the dimensions of the luggage as my bag is longer than 70 cm but at the same time it is smaller width wise. I really dont want to purchase a new bag at this point…so if I keep the weight under 20 kg will this be okay?[br]thanx ;D

Ideally we would like you all to stick to the dimensions but as long as you keep the weight under 20kg, you don’t need to buy a new bag.[br][br]Have a good trip![br][br]Anita

My main bag is 75 * 55 * 25 since this exceeds the recommended size must I buy a new bag to allow it on the bus?

when i was on this trip last year.[br]they didn’t bother to check the size of bags cos they just loaded them in da bus… but some people did have oversize bags.

I finished a Spirit of Europe tour not long ago, and have to say that having a suitcase with wheels was a pain! If you have a backpack, bring it, its far easier. This is the first time I’ve traveled with a suitcase and now wish I had my old backpack instead. Europe seems to have so many staircases, cobled streets, etc. And lugging over 20kg anywhere is exhausting. Just thought I’d share my experience. 8-)[br][br]-----------------[br]Spirit of Europe.[br]May 13th. [br]:smiley:

Thanks Annik! I feel heaps better about taking my backpack now!![br][br]I’m doing the Spirit of Europe too and would love to hear any feedback or tips that you may have![br][br]Leeana[br]Canberra, Australia[br]Spirit of Europe 16 Sept 08[br]+ London Stopover[br]+ Edinburgh Minibreak

Hi,[br]I am just wondering what the baggage expectations are for the ultimate Egypt tour (21 days)? I don’t have one of those giant back pack things and I know I would struggle with one because I am not very strong. I have taken my suitcase with wheels on all my trips overseas and am wondering whether this is ok to take on my Egypt trip?[br][br]Any help would be great :slight_smile:

I was wondering the same thing about how strict they will be as my husband and I’s packs which we purchased years ago are bigger than the dimensions specified. I asked our travel agent about this as I was wondering if they took the length of the tours into consideration. Someone doing a 26 day tour is going to need more than someone doing a 7 day tour. The travel agent replied that weight is more of an issue. I would recommend using packs too as you can squash them down so that they don’t take up as much room.[br][br]Yay, 8 sundays to go this sunday coming!!! I sooooo can’t wait!!!;D

Hey,[br][br]Is it compulsory to bring a sleepingbag on euroclub hotel?[br][br]thanks!!

Hi Kazza,[br][br]If you are doing a eurohotel trip you do not need to bring a sleeping bag at all…:slight_smile:

Kazza, the FAQ’s say that sleeping bags are manditory in club tours.[br][br]I dont have room for a sleeping bag, I might bring Sheets… i hope that is ok ;D[br][br]~Canada eh?[br]Edinburgh Mini Break Aug 11-14 2008[br]Globe Trotter London August 14-20 2008

I am doing the Scenic Scandi tour - will I need a sleeping bag for that one?

Hi All,[br][br]On Euroclub trips we strongly recommend that you take a sleeping bag. Although most of the accommodation we use will provide you with bedding, if we need to change the place we stay at the last minute, you may end up without bedding. Please also remember that it can get cold at night.[br][br]Having said that, for a summer trip you won’t need a heavy duty sleeping bag - a lightweight one would do fine. If you decide to take a sheet instead, it is your choice but you would be much more comfortable with a sleeping bag.[br][br]Wishing you all a great trip![br][br]Cheers,[br][br]Anita

Hi Mani,[br][br]We don’t expect you to buy new luggage as long as there is only a slight difference in the bags’ dimensions although ideally we would like all to stick to the right dimensions.[br][br]However, there is a restriction on how much weight our coaches can carry in Europe so please make sure that your luggage does not weigh more than 20kg per head. It is also worth leaving some space in your bags for the souvenirs you may pick up on the way…[br][br]I hope this helps.[br][br]Cheers& have a great trip,[br][br]Anita

Thought I would Bump this back up, seems alot of people are asking atm.[br][br]Also made me re-think my suitcase[br][br]Spirit of Europe 23rd June 2009

bump

How about the dimensions of the day pack?